- Coverage Area
Veg: 5' x 5' ; Bloom: 5' x 5'
- Exact Watts
- LED Light Spectrum
- LED Diode Type
320 x Mix of 3w and 5w Diodes
90 Day Full / 3 Year Limited
KIND Product Documents
The Future of Indoor Gardening Has Arrived. The K5 - XL1000 LED Grow Light: Replaces 1000w Traditional Grow Light!
The innovative XL1000 LED Grow Light is part of the K5 series, along with the XL750 from KIND LED. The KIND K5 XL1000 will cover a 5' x 5' footprint in bloom while only using 650 watts and emits virtually no heat. This amazing LED has won 3 straight STASH awards (2014-2016) for it's ability to significantly increase yields while running cool and saving on electricity costs. The easy to use XL1000 includes great features like a built in timer, fully adjustable spectrum, 8 Stage 'Mother Earth' Timing Function (sunrise/sunset feature) that slowly wakes up your plants in the morning and gently dims the light down before shutting off at night, which is designed to mimic mother nature. All of these features and many more are what set KIND apart for the competition and is why the XL1000 is the best selling grow light on Hydrobuilder.com.
After years of rigorous research and development, the KIND LED Grow Light is complete, and it is one of a KIND. The K5 Series is comprised of the perfect mix of 3 & 5 Watt Light Emitting Diodes. Each of the three primary ranges of the photosynthetic spectrum can be dimmed and intensified individually to give your plants their ideal spectral ratios from seed straight through to harvest.
The K5 Series boasts an extra large footprint that dwarfs those of competing LEDs and now even equals that of traditional grow lighting. The Secondary Optical Lenses individually focus and intensify the output of every single diode, significantly magnifying PAR and increasing canopy penetration. This revolutionary series of LED grow lights will produce the biggest and best yields, while consuming approximately half the electricity and producing a fraction of the heat of HID lighting.
Your Kind K5 will cultivate record breaking yields, both in quantity and quality, while running quieter, cooler, and more efficiently than any other grow light. Guaranteed.
A Little KINDness Goes A Long Way
- KINDEST YIELDS - Perfect Mix of 3 & 5 Watt Diodes Increases Overall Efficiency and Intensity, Resulting in Huge Yields.
- KINDEST DIMMABLE SPECTRUM - Full Spectrum Control Allows Digital Tuning of Spectrum to Match Any Plant Type at Any Stage of Growth, Veg or Flower.
- KINDEST FOOTPRINT - Largest Footprint of Any LED in the Industry, Now Matching That of its HPS Counterpart
- KINDEST INTENSITY - Secondary Optical Lens Magnifies PAR and Increases Canopy Penetration By Up to 200%
- Dimensions: 26" x 20" x 3.5"
- Weight: 36 lbs.
- Actual Wattage: 650w
- HID Wattage Equivalent: 1000w
- Total Diodes: 320
- Diode Wattage: Perfect Mix of 3w & 5w
- Footprint: 5' x 5'
- Input Voltage: 100-240V AC Power Input
- Work Frequency: 50/60 Hz - Suitable for Global Energy Environment
- Output Voltage: UL Standard Output Voltage - Less than 76V DC
- Amperage: 5.25
- Kind Factor: 10/10
KIND K5 - XL1000 Specifications:
Why are the Kind K5 series XL1000's the Best LED Grow Lights?
Extra Large Footprint solves one of the main problems that LED lights have faced in the past. Because of historically small footprints, due to small circuit board construction, LED lights have always failed to deliver the finished harvest weights promised in comparison to their said HPS counterparts. Truly lit square footage of canopy space is a very crucial component to overall harvest weight. Kind LED features high quality diodes intensified with secondary optical lenses and spread over an extra large housing, now providing true footprint replacements for 750w and 1000w HPS. Finally, with Kind LED, harvest weights are true to spec.
Fully Customizable Spectrum allows the user to not only adjust the spectrum to match vegetative and flowering stages of their plants, but also allows for specific spectrum control for nearly any type of plant genus in applications such as greenhouse growing and in agriculture operations where crop rotation, or crop zoning, is common.
Internal Timing Function of the K5 series lights allows for more streamline setups where the user can do away with separate analog or digital timers that can be bulky and extremely unreliable. Now, all light cycles are programmed and changed from a convenient remote.
8 Stage 'Mother Earth' Timing Function allows user to mimic the great outdoors like never before seen in indoor growing, slowly waking your plants up in the morning and seeing them to bed every night. 8 separately set stages allow for light to gently turn on in the morning (sunrise), intensify into full power (full day sun), then gently turn off in the evening (sunset). Each of these stages can be set to the users desired duration and desired spectrum intensities.
Perfect Mix of 3 Watt and 5 Watt Diodes create the ideal amount of usable light for lush, healthy, huge plants. 5 watt LED diodes are awesome. They emit an intense amount of light and have the ability to penetrate the plants canopy like no other. But, too many 5 watt LED chips, and a light can run too hot, doing away with one of the main benefits of LED lights. The K5 series lights have the best of both worlds. The sweet spot efficiency of the 3 watt LED chips, mixed with the harvest boosting power of the 5 watt LED chips.
True to Spec Harvest Expectations: When KIND say's their XL1000 replaces a 1000 HPS, they mean it. In order to be a reputable company, one must not make false claims that their product cant support. Lets face it, no LED light that only draws 350 watts is going to replace a 1000 watt HPS, period. KING LED has found, through extensive testing and research, that a 40-50% savings in electricity is what you can expect from their lights. Our 1000 watt equivalent light draws about 630 watts or 63% of what a 1000 watt HPS would typically pull. But thats just the light!! Add up all the other savings in equipment needed for heat management in a traditional HPS room, and the energy savings are even more remarkable.
All Functions of the K5 Series Are Run From a Convenient Remote. The people over at KIND LED are still scratching their heads as to how most LED companies think people are able to flip an analog switch or knob to control spectrum or switch between modes on their lights when they are in the middle of a grow and their light(s) are hanging above a huge canopy of delicate plants!!! The K5 lights are fully controlled from a convenient handheld remote. Control 1 or 100 simultaneously from one small device.
PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) Dimming: Some lights use archaic methods of dimming that only lessen the brightness of the light being emitted, while still pulling the same amount of energy out of the wall. PWM dimming allows the light to only consume as much power as it needs to drive the diodes at their set level of brightness.
New Kind LED lighting technology represents a great many advantages over traditional HID growing lights.
Kind LED growers will be able to simplify their grow rooms, save on electrical consumption, keep their rooms cooler, and perhaps most importantly, experience a marked increase in the quality of their fruits, flowers, and vegetables. While HPS lights may produce more lumens than an LED light, much of that output is wasted energy that merely serves to raise the temperature in your grow room and consume great amounts of electricity. The reason for this is due to the fact that much of the light produced by an HPS occurs outside of the photosynthetic range. In addition, much of the spectrum produced by an HPS light cannot be utilized by your developing plants, as plants have specific needs and absorption rates for various wavelengths of the color spectrum that occur within the usable photosynthetic range. Because the individual diodes of a Kind LED light are set to a specific color and in a specific proportion, we are able to emit the exact spectrum that a developing plant would need to thrive, with little to no waste. The 12 band complete spectrum is designed to perfectly match the growth needs of your plants.
Controlling the temperature of grow rooms has always been the biggest struggle that most growers face in creating an ideal grow environment. HPS bulbs can reach 750 degrees on the surface, and if not controlled properly with expensive equipment, can lead to a host of issues including stunted plants, wispy flowers, and rapid drying of medium, which would result in root mass loss, nutrient deficiency or toxicity, and even entire crop failure. Kind LED lights run cool, so cool in fact that no additional temperature control equipment is needed besides the internal circulation fans. Lower light temperatures lead to a much more easily maintained ideal grow environment in which your plants would thrive. Cooler temperatures also save on water and expensive nutrients that evaporate in high temp rooms. Cooler root zones create larger, healthier root balls, which will ultimately lead to larger yields. In addition, oil production on plants is unharmed by lower temps, whereas high temperatures from HPS lighting degrade oils, sometimes stripping them completely from the tops of fruits and flowers. Keeping the plants natural flowering oils intact will lead to much better tasting and smelling fruits and flowers.
Kind LED Grow Light Bulbs vs. other similar LED companies: These K5 Kind LED lights will match or outperform any other similar 5 watt setup that is seen often throughout the web, regardless of price or claims. Kind LED Grow Lights are truly one of a KIND. A single Kind K5 Series LED Grow Light Eliminates the need for ALL of the following:
- Costly Metal Halide (MH) Vegetation Lighting
- Heat Producing High Pressure Sodium (HPS) Flowering Lighting
- Expensive Ballasts
- Noisy Inline Fans Used to Cool Traditional "Hot Running" HID Lighting
- Air Conditioning to Bring Down Excessive Heat
- Water Chillers to Cool Down Boiling Reservoir Temperatures
- Ducting & Extra Timers
LED Cost Savings
Cost Effective Growing - Cost savings are important to everybody and LED lights provide many areas in which to save you precious dollars. Let’s talk about energy savings. Due to the fact that watt for watt LED's run at about 30% less electricity than HIDs, the savings on electricity, especially on tiered plans, can be huge!
- Coverage Area
- Tech Specs
Brand KIND SKU XL1000 Weight (lb.) 36 Length (in.) 26 Width (in.) 20 Height (in.) 3.5 Warranty 90 Day Full / 3 Year Limited Free Shipping Yes Lead Time Ships in 1-3 Days UPC 29882816271 ETL Listed No UL Listed Yes Lighting Type LED LED Light Spectrum Full Spectrum LED Fixture Type Panel Exact Watts 650 Watts HID Equivalent 1000 Watts Coverage Area Veg: 5' x 5' ; Bloom: 5' x 5' LED Diode Type 320 x Mix of 3w and 5w Diodes Daisy Chain No Voltage 100-240V Amps 5.25A @ 120V ; 2.63A @ 240V Frequency 50/60 Hz Power Cord(s) Included 120 Volt Power Cord Length 8 ft.
- Product Q&A
KIND K5 XL1000 650 Watt LED Grow Light Questions & Answers
How close should my light be to the top of my plant canopy?
Due to the massive amount of light that Kind LED lights emit, the recommended hanging height above your plants is 30-36”. Some high light use strains will be able to tolerate closer hanging heights, but we recommended that the light not be set closer than 24”.
Can I transfer plants from HPS or Fluorescents straight to my new Kind LED?
You most certainly can, but due to the fact that LED lights put out a very different type of light, it will take a few days for your plants to adjust to the new light. During the first few days, you may experience some bleaching on the uppermost leaves of your plant. This can be minimized by hanging the light 48” away from your plants for the first 3-7 days until they are used to the new light.
How can I find my light’s sweet spot in terms of hanging height above the canopy?
We suggest starting with the light at 48” for the first 3-7 days. After this initial break in period, the light can be lowered down, 6” at a time, until you reach 30”. If any discoloration or twisting happens on the leaves, raise the light back up 6”. This should be the height you maintain through the plant’s life cycle.
Can your lights run on 240v?
Yes! Kind LED lights can run safely on voltages ranging from 110v all the way up to 277v. The cord will need to be changed out to accommodate the different voltages, but this will be all you need!
I’ve heard LEDs require slightly higher room temps, is this true?
Yes, due to the fact that LEDs have much less radiant heat coming from the light, the surface temperatures on leaves under LED lights can be 10-15 degrees cooler than compared to HPS. This can cause transpiration rates and metabolic processes in the leaf to slow down. Raising ambient room temperatures up to 82-85 degrees will allow the plant to thrive in a perfect environment.
Customer Reviews 10 item(s)
- KIND LED For The Yields
- I had a friend that had one of these in his tent and had amazing results which made me want to move over from my hps light. My first run after I purchased this light was absolutely perfect. I have never had such good quality compared to my previous run, and nothing but the light changed. My energy bill lowered significantly and did not have heat issues like I did with the hps. It was hard to spend so much, but you dont need to do any maintenance and they are so simple to use I will be buying another once tax returns come. LOVE THE LIGHT!
- These are worth the $ if you got deep pockets try it. I've did allot of research and I haven't found anything that comes close except spider. These led companies know they are inferior to kind after I told them all the features that kind has that they don't they still say thier better but for some reason no led company is willing to let me do side by side comparison.i even told em I'll send thier light back still no. These lamps are very good just be warned take the red out for reg seeds I ended up 5-6 male's. Last run my 2 biggest plants were under the kind LED & the root ball for some reason was twice the size as hidhps/ plants. Another thing I've noticed these lights make your plants throw out 13-15 leaf blades the stack onto each other. The only bad things are I would suggest a light mover with these lights, more $ to spend & they are heavy I had to build a light stand in order to hang my second one& the light footprint 5 by 5, hps 8 by 8. I own t5 hid/hps with adjustawing & the kind would be my choice they just need that bigger footprint or a light mover. I've got albino tops from this light to best fruits I've tasted so far
- Im 8 weeks in. Amazing.
- I replaced a 600 on top and a 250 as side lighting. At the moment its pulling away from them both without any additional lighting. I cant wait to see the final. Next run Im adding sidelighting. In the past the sidelighting increased yield 30%. Im wanting to add a kind 300. Pricey yes. Customer service and actual product are awesome
- Out with the old
- We have a 5x5 area where we replaced a 400 watt hps. Loved the results so much we bought a second.
- Better than HID
- Replaced a 450 wt HID. Had a plant that was not doing great about 4 weeks into bloom. Installed this light and everything changed. The plant not only thrived but finished up the best ever. Will be buying another when I can.
- interesting light
- i purchased this light a 1000 watt, to replace a 900 watt light. i am seeing things on the flowers that i have never seen before in a good way, can't wait for harvest looks killer!
- Amazing light
- yes amazing .. Always had to deal with hi heat temps... So much spent on cooling. Now with led kind light not a problem and super high yields. Ordering another light today (750 watt )
- Very good Led light!
- On my second grow with the kind led light.Best led light out there on the Market!!
- best light around
- I'm an old school grower that has been using HPS systems for over 30 years and my friend stumbled across these KIND LED lights. When I heard what he did I told him good luck with that and I hope it works for you. I told him LED light are the biggest waste of money unless you only plan to grow a 4 inch plant because they can't penetrate any more than 6 inches. Boy was I wrong. Come harvest day I was completely amazed with the results. I was so impressed with the results I immediately bought 10 of the 750 watt lights to start replacing my HPS with. I need to replace 20 more HPS systems but can only afford to replace a few at a time but the LED lights will save much more money in the long run that I am spending for the lights because all the cooling equipment needed for lights and overall room environment temperatures. I figure each light will last me a minimum of 8 years verses replacing light bulbs every other grow and ballasts just quit working. I would highly recommend these light to any and everybody. The LED lights have come a long way since they were first introduced into the growing industry.
- Hard to believe
- I have not purchased this product simply because they're out of stock. I'm sure glad I did research before buying any other light. I say buy the best. Soon to be satisfied customer.