Compost tea is a great way to provide your plants with a power packed solution of nutrients and everything they need to thrive. There are many recipes out there so we put together what we think is a great one to get you started. You can tweak it to fit your own needs but it will provide a great basis to get going fast.
For this recipe, you'll need:
- Mother Earth Worm Castings
- Mother Earth Sugar Molasses
- Buried Treasure Liquid Guano
- Mother Earth Meal Mix*
- Down To Earth Fish Hydrolysate (fish powder)
- A compost tea brewer
*NOTE: Choose Grow for the vegetative phase of growth or Bloom for the flowering phase of plant growth.
Add 2.5 Tbsp of Meal Mix in a separate tea bag and brew the compost tea for 12 to 24 hours. Top dress the sludge after the brew process. As always cover with fresh media to keep it moist and out of the light.
Compost Tea Tips:
- Keep temps between 60 - 75°F
- Always use dechlorinated/dechloramined water
- Ensure at least 6 ppm but preferable 8 or more ppm of dissolved oxygen (when in doubt oversize your air pump. Generally speaking you need a pump that will produce 0.08 CFM per gallon of tea you plan to brew. Example: If you plan to brew 5 gallons source a pump that will produce at least 0.4 CFM.
Questions? Call 888-815-9763 or email [email protected].