Grow Light Timers & Controllers
Grow light timers & controllers keep your garden’s environment stable and running when you’re not around, and most growers consider them a necessity. This is especially true during the flowering stage where things like light leaks can potentially cause serious damage. They also allow you to easily control and keep track of things like different light schedules, temperatures, CO2 levels, etc for when you are growing multiple plants. In many hydroponic systems a timer is considered a necessity as nutrients have to be applied several times a day.
Reasons You Should Have A Digital Timer
- Many timers have multiple outlets, which is a big help for not only controlling lights but also turning off things such as fans, that might cool your grow room down too much when there isn’t extra the heat being generated from the lights.
- Keeps plants on a set light schedule – irregular light schedules often cause plants unneeded stress and light leaks (light getting in when there should be complete darkness), and this is often the culprit when a plant changes its sex and becomes a hermaphrodite.
Reasons You Should Have A Controller
- High temperatures can result in a plant dying, but many controllers have features that will monitor temperature, among other things, and will dim the lights when temperatures have reached damaging levels.
- Emergency shutdown feature – if temperatures cannot be brought down the controller will shut down all connected equipment. Some controllers offer the feature to connect to an alarm system and you’ll receive a notification when emergency shutdown in activated.
Reasons You Should Have A Flip Box
- A flip box allows you to connect two separate lights to one ballast and gives you the ability to switch between the two. You can run two 12-hour cycles in one day and
Grow light timers & controllers are a easy way to control grow lights, CO2, fans, pumps, light movers, etc without you having to be physically present saving you stress and time.