Excess heat and odor in a grow room can be managed in a number of ways which can be combined as needed. Every grow space should be equipped with at least one thermometer and a hygrometer if possible to measure relative humidity.
Removing Excess Heat From a Grow Room:
- Install an in-line fan and ducting to push or pull the hot air from the grow room to the outside environment
- Use sealed air-cooled grow light reflectors, inline fan(s) and ducting to directly cool the HID lighting and move the hot air outside of the grow room
- Install an air-conditioning system into the grow room (portable A/Cs can be used in sealed rooms that utilize CO2 generators)
- Install water-cooler(s) or chiller(s) in hydroponic systems in order to maintain ideal water temperature.
Removing Excess Odor From a Grow Room:
- Install a carbon filter and appropriate ventilation to absorb odors while venting the air to the outside environment
- Use an odor-neutralizing product like Ona Gel or The Neutralizer
- Install an Ozone Generator to neutralize odors
For a more detailed explanation of the various ventilation methods and best practices, please see our Ventilation Setup Guide.
Questions? Call 888-815-9763 or email [email protected].