The NEW Gavita Pro line E-series are improved models and are suitable for central control with the Gavita Master lighting controller. Now you can have complete lighting control at your fingertips.
The ‘e’ in ‘e-series’ stands for external control. These fixtures can be controlled centrally by a Gavita Master controller. This replaces the often cumbersome installation with contactors and clocks, and adds safety features such as automatic dimming of your lights at high temperatures and even a safety shutdown. We were the first to launch a double ended 1000W HPS lamp in this market, and we were also the first to introduce a double ended 750W HPS lamp. This lamp bridges the gap between a 600W single ended, and a 1000W double ended fixture.
If you equip a larger operation, working on the North American 3 phase systems, you now have the choice of remotely controlling your lights with our Gavita Master controllers. We designed new, multi-voltage electronics to either work with the US 480V or the Canadian 600V WYE 3 phase installations, enabling much lower installation costs, more efficient electricity use and ease of installation. Running on a higher voltage (277V or 347V phase-neutral) these fixtures use less power and are more compact than traditional consumer 120-240V fixtures.
All e-series ballasts and fixtures have the following added new features and advanced functionality:
- Master controller input for external control
- Three color status LED for advanced status indication and status history
- Improved housing with extra cooling capacity for an even cooler operation
- Repositioned mounting eye bolts for better weight distribution and stable installation
- 120-240 Volt model Unit includes a 240 V power cord. A 120 V cord can be purchased separately.
- 277-347 volt professional fixture requires installation by a certified electrician in an industrial environment.
New in the Pro line e-series is the 6/750e DE FLEX fixture, which utilizes a newly developed Gavita double ended Pro 750W 400V EL lamp. The control range of this lamp is 400-825W, bridging the gap between 600W and 1000W lamps. Gavita named it 6/750 DE FLEX because it is as efficient running on 600W as it is on 750W. In many cases it is a retrofit replacement for a 1000W air cooled fixture, while running at just 825W. This will save you up to 20% electricity.
As a primary light source, the Gavita Pro 6/750 DE Flex Fixture, E-Series, 120/240 Volt fixture covers up to a 4' x 4' area. It is recommended to position the fixture 40" - 60" away from the plant canopy.
Gavita Pro line HPS fixtures are the professional standard for efficient climate room lighting. Running on standard 120/240 Volt as well as 277/347 Volt, they power the high voltage horticultural electronic lamps, which are superior in spectrum, light output and light maintenance over time. Installation of the controller and e-series fixtures is completely plug-and-play. All you need to do is connect the controller cable to the fixtures and plug the fixtures and controller into mains.
Gavita innovated the 750 watt fixture by introducing a double-ended version with a significantly higher efficiency than the traditional single-ended fixtures. The double-ended lamp provides 10-15% more light than a single-ended lamp and retains light more effectively. The aluminum housing offers the best cooling in the market, which guarantees the highest level of reliability and operating life for the electronics. The W 150 DE is for wide configurations, where uniformity and lower light levels are required in large rooms. When a 600 watt electromagnetic installation is replaced by Electronic 750 watt, the existing wiring can usually be retained. With the 277-347 V Electronic series you can control the fixtures directly though the Master controller. The 'Repeater Bus' system is designed with fixed installation in mind. You can reliably daisy chain up to 1000 fixtures with a single controller. This fixture is plug and play installable. The fixture's light source is a Gavita Pro Plus 750 watt double-ended HPS lamp, generating 1450 Âµmol s-1 of light. With a light maintenance of over 96% per 5000 hours you only need to replace it once a year. 1 year warranty on the lamp. This professional fixture requires installation by a certified electrician in an industrial environment.
In many rooms you just don’t have the height to run a 1000W fixture at 100%, and in other rooms you don’t need the intensity. Running a 1000W lamp at 750W all the time is a not a desirable situation as the lamp does not come to its full efficiency and the spectrum deteriorates. In those situations the 6/750 DE FLEX is the ideal solution, more efficient, cheaper and with a much better spectrum. We call it the 6//750 as the efficiency of the lamp, dimmed to 600W, is still really good: as good as any other 600W industry standard HPS lamp. With the 750W lamp you can come almost a ft closer to your crop (a bit less in overlapping plans).
The fixture comprises of a ballast, reflector and lamp in one complete compact package. Made according to horticultural standards, the housing of the ballast is sealed and contains a gore-tex® plug to ventilate the housing, while keeping dust and humidity out.
Ballast output is either controlled by the Gavita Master controllers, or an external switch, allowing it to be adjusted to 400, 500, 600, 750 W, and 825 W boosted output. The Master Controller can centrally control the output hundreds of fixtures in a range between 375 and 825 W output power. Using the Master controller safeguards your valuable crop by the added auto-dim and auto-shutdown features, and completely automates your light control.
The high frequency ballast was specifically designed for the Gavita double ended HPS lamp, resulting in an accurate, optimal output, a stable burning lamp and a better light maintenance over time. The ballast is not suitable to run Metal Halide lamps.
The reflector is replaceable (we recommend to do this every year to two years) and there is a choice of replacement reflectors:
- The HR96 DE for overlapping configurations, assuring optimal uniformity and penetration. This is the industry standard reflector delivered with the fixture.
- The W 150 DE for wide configurations, where uniformity and lower light levels are required in large rooms. 150 degrees beam angle, for double ended lamps.
- The M 110 DE SR for applications in single rows and small rooms, where a single reflector needs to create uniformity and high light levels. 110 degrees beam angle, for double ended lamps.
The spread of the Pro 6//750 with the HR96 DE reflector is about 3×4.5 ft (90×135 cm) at 2.5 ft distance in overlapping plans, providing light levels of up to 1000 µmol s-1 m-2. The fixture’s light source is a Gavita Pro 750W double ended HPS lamp, generating 1450 µmol s-1 of light. With a light maintenance of over 96% per 5000 hours you only need to replace it once a year. Mounting is easy because the fixture is balanced and only requires two hanging points. For c-profile installations we have convenient brackets available.
Features & Benefits
- Right-size your light for any size room
- Comes with the new Gavita Pro 750W 400V EL DE lamp
- Gavita double ended lamp has high efficiency range from 600-825W
- Total control range 50-110%
- Suitable for Gavita Master Controller
- Plug-and-play installation
- Completely sealed housing with GORE-TEX ventilation plug,no moving parts, completely silent and cool to the touch
- Suitable for high frequency 400V electronic horticultural lamps with 10-25% more output than traditional HPS lamps
- High light maintenance: >95% per year so you only need to change your lamp once per year
- Replaceable 96% efficient Gavita HR96 reflector for optimal efficiency (HRW wide reflector as an option as from Q3 2014)
- Controllable output: dim or boost your light to adjust it to changing circumstances or grow phases
- Soft dim which gradually changes the output when switched, eliminating stress on the lamp
- Equipped with very high frequency Gavita electronics (>100 kHz)
- No electromagnetic interference problems through the integrated design.
- Input Voltage: 120-240V (+/- 10%)
- Input Voltage 1: 120 V
- Input Current 1: 7.55A (at 100%) 8.25A (at 110%)
- Input Power 1: 805W (at 100%) 880W (at 110%)
- Input Voltage 2: 240 V
- Input Current 2: 3.5A (at 100%) 3.9A (at 110%)
- Input Power 2: 795W (at 100%) 870W (at 110%)
- Power Factor: 0.95 - 0,98
- THD: <10%
- Input Frequency: 50-60Hz
- Input Connection: IEC C14
- Adjustable: 400/500/600/750/825W/EXT
- Operating Temp. ( degree): 32 -95 degrees F
- Case Temp. ( degree): 75
- Certification: CSA
- External dim: Gavita Master controller analog protocol (<11,5V)
- External dim connector: 1 x RJ14 connector build in (6P4C)
Accessories Included: User manual, 240V power cord,2 RJ14 controller cables and a T-splitter for plug and play installation, Gavita Pro electronic lamp, 3 years warranty
- Tech Specs