Grodan Product Documents
Grodan Stonewool (rockwool) is made from molten rock spun into cotton candy-like fibers and then compressed into cubes, blocks, or slabs. Where other rockwool brand manufacturers cut all sizes from one batch of wool, Grodan is unique by making different types of fibers. The purpose is to support the requirement of the plant in the different plant stages. Grodan has a tremendous capacity for absorbing nutrient solution while retaining plenty of oxygen for rapid plant growth. Grodan comes in graduated sizes. Seedlings started in cubes are easily transferred to blocks and then onto slabs, if desired. Seedlings or cuttings started in the Grodan cubes can also be transplanted into more traditional planters and growing mediums.
Grodan Mini Cubes -The product consists of small stonewool croutons about the size of a finger nail. When you use this potting mix the miniature cubes stack on top of each other and air pockets are created throughout the pot. Growcubes are difficult to over-water if the container has good drainage. The Growcubes are a light weight alternative to your regular potting mix. You can use the Growcubes in any size pot and in many different growing systems, such as ebb & flow, top watering, or just with a watering can. Good results have been seen even with continuous watering. The Growcubes do not need to be changed as they last for the life of your plant. If you are new to hydroponics, then this is the product you should choose. Complete with package instructions, Growcubes are easy to use and reasonably priced.
Grow-Cubes are small 1/4 cubes of stonewool (Rockwool). There are several advantages;
- Grow-Cubes stack on top of each other leaving air space in between them this promotes root growth.
- Each cube has four surfaces from which excess water can drain. This way, even if you water a lot, the Grow-Cubes will not get water logged.
- You have less algae growth on the top than with the smooth surface Gro-Blocks.
- The Grow-Cubes are the driest of our products with properties of a 50/50 mix. (50% water/50% air)
- Very easy to mix with any other potting mix.
- Special advantages are achieved by mixing Grow-Cubes in with clay pellets. The Grow-Cubes will help spread the water in the container as well has keeping a water buffer in between the watering.
- Lightweight; approx. 1/10 of the weight of a bag of potting soil.
- See Grow-Cube growing guide right for easy instructions.
- Tech Specs
Brand Grodan SKU HGC713100 Weight (lb.) 18.95 Prop 65 No Length (in.) 24.9 Width (in.) 23.2 Height (in.) 19.9 Lead Time Ships in 7 Days UPC 8711698879237 UL Listed No Grow Media Rockwool OMRI Certified No
Grodan Grodan Mini Cubes, 1 cu ft bag, Case of 6 Videos►