Bluelab Commercial Truncheon Nutrient Meter
When range, durability and accuracy counts!
Big jobs require a big Truncheon! With a conductivity range right up to 6.0 EC (60 CF, 3000 ppm 500 and 4200 ppm 700), it will never leave you short.
The Bluelab Commercial Truncheon® Nutrient Meter has been designed for hydroponic crops that require a higher than normal EC or CF requirement during their growing cycle. It’s super tough, fully waterproof, and there is no calibration required or on/off buttons to worry about. It’s great for stirring your reservoir too!
Meter Length : 40.7cm or 16 1/32 in.
- Fully waterproof
- Auto on/off function
- No calibration required
- Daylight readable blue LED’s
- Battery operated – 3 x AA batteries included
- No buttons, switches or knobs
- Provided with EC, CF, ppm 700 and ppm 500 scales
5 year guarantee for Bluelab Commercial Truncheon® Nutrient Meter
(proof of purchase is required)
EC (0.4 - 6.0), CF (4 - 60),
ppm 500 (200 - 3000), ppm 700 (280 - 4200)
- Tech Specs
Brand Bluelab SKU HGC716049 Weight (lb.) 0.6 Height (in.) 1.4 Prop 65 No Lead Time This product ships in 3-5 Business Days Length (in.) 16.2 Width (in.) 1.4 Warranty 5 Year UPC 9421024920111 UL Listed No
- Product Q&A
Bluelab Commercial Truncheon Meter Questions & Answers
My nutrient readings are inaccurate - why?
- The probe could be contaminated
- The temperature of the solution could be very different to the temperature of the probe
- Clean the conductivity probe as described in the related article
- Wait 5 - 10 minutes for the reading to stabilize
My Truncheon Meter measures higher than expected! Why?
There are several explanations for this:
- Normally a contaminated probe face will cause the Truncheon Meter to measure low. The Truncheon Meter should be cleaned to remove any doubt and to avoid contamination of a conductivity solution. If you have any doubt about the conductivity solution, obtain a fresh one.
- Allow time for the Truncheon Meter to adjust to the temperature of the standard conductivity solution being measured. When the Truncheon Meter is cooler than the conductivity solution being measured will measure higher than expected. Allow up to approximately 10 minutes for temperature equalisation to take place.
- The calibration solution may have risen in conductivity or has been contaminated. Leaving the top off a calibration solution for longer than absolutely necessary will cause some of the liquid to evaporate allowing the conductivity of the solution to increase. A dirty Truncheon Meter probe may also introduce contaminants causing the conductivity value to rise. Always ensure your Truncheon Meter has been washed off with plenty of clean tap water and shaken dry before placing in a conductivity solution.