- Filter Type
Standard Exhaust Filters
8" x 39"
- Flange Size
- CFM Rating
- Carbon Bed Thickness
Phat Filters Product Documents
The Phat Filter is a professional grade, world renowned greenhouse filter that will remove the nastiest odors from your growing area. Phat filters use state-of-the-art design with the best odor adsorbing carbon found in the world to give you the single best, clean-air-producing, greenhouse filter on the market!
The special carbon is mined from deep within the earth, activated with steam at very high temperatures and shipped to us for use. No hazardous compounds ever come into contact during the activation process. Keeping our planet green and clean is what we are all about!
Genuine Phat Filters offer you the quality you can trust through non-pelletized carbon, using no glues or binders thereby increasing the effective filtering capability of Genuine Phat Filters.
- Phat Filters are made with 1200 mg/g Iodine number, Mongolian virgin charcoal, a higher grade charcoal than the Australian charcoal that our competitors use.
- Given CFM rating (950 CFM) is for scrubbing. Divide by 2 to get exhaust filter CFM
- Pre-filter Included!
Characteristics of Phat Filters:
* Highly effective, Low density virgin carbon
* Carbon tightly-packed for increased porosity
* Greater & more even air movement provided by internal, conical filter base
* Manufactured so that no air blows by the filter without being filtered
* Outer aluminum mesh provides 53% open area allowing increased air flow
* Genuine Phat Filters are immediately sealed after manufacture to help retain moisture, optimize presentation and improve life expectancy
- Filter Type
- Tech Specs
Brand Phat Filters SKU IGSPF398 Weight (lb.) 53 Lead Time Ships in 1-2 Days Width (in.) 12.5 Height (in.) 12.5 Length (in.) 43.25 UPC 638104014359 Prop 65 No CFM Rating 950 CFM Flange Size 8" Diameter Flange Included Yes
- Product Q&A
Phat Filters 39" x 8" Carbon Filter, 950 CFM Questions & Answers
- WHAT COMES WITH MY PHAT FILTER? Phat filters come packed inside a plastic bag to keep your charcoal fresh. Once you open your Phat filter box, remove this bag and wipe down any extraneous charcoal dust that may have accumulated during transport. Inside the filter you will find another plastic bag containing your white pre-filter. This is a Dacron cover. Remove this pre-filter and slide it over the filter canister until it covers the entire perforated metal portion. Also in the bag will be two elastic bands. Attach one band near the top of the filter and one near the bottom of the filter. These bands help secure the pre-filter.
- HOW DOES ACTIVATED CARBON IMPROVE PHAT FILTERS? Phat filter uses 100% virgin carbon that was run through the activation process in a specially constructed kiln. The activated carbon is then tested independently in a laboratory to ensure the highest consistency and purity.
- HOW PURE IS THE CARBON IN GENUINE PHAT FILTERS? Genuine Phat filters have close to 90% pure carbon. That’s the highest fixed carbon content per gram of any carbon on planet Earth. Every batch of carbon is graded and tested before being sent to Phat Filter for production.
- WHAT MAKES GENUINE PHAT FILTERS SO LIGHT? The Meso pore carbon used in Phat Filters has a low density. Its large pores create large pockets within the carbon making it ultra lightweight. Phat filters are the world’s lightest carbon filter per ft2. It is up to three times lighter than any equivalent alternative. Phat filters are so light you can install it yourself with no trouble.
- DOES THE CARBON USED IN GENUINE PHAT FILTERS HAVE ANY MOISTURE? Phat filters understand how important it is for the carbon not to contain any moisture since that reduces the filter life-span. While it is impossible for the carbon to have zero moisture, genuine Phat filters are guaranteed to have less than 2% carbon moisture. Phat Filter refuses to compromise on quality and insists on using only high quality components for their products.
- CAN I SETUP UP MY EXHAUST FAN TO BLOW INTO MY CARBON FILTER AS OPPOSED TO HAVING IT PULL THROUGH IT? You may do this, however it is important to pre-filter the air before pushing it into the filter. If you choose to setup your filter this way, remove the pre-filter from the outside of the carbon filter and fabricate to fit before or after the fan. This way the air will be cleaned of larger debris before passing through the carbon, thus prolonging the life of the filter.