Note: These light fixtures from Grower's Choice have a minimum order quantity of 200 and have a lead time of 60 days
Grower’s Choice Horticultural Lighting Department has introduced the company’s first 1000 watt Ultra High Frequency digital double ended fixture designed specifically for commercial applications. It utilizes advanced Ultra High frequency technology and high output 1000 watt double ended High Pressure Sodium grow lamp. The GC-1000 delivers high-efficiency and the highest PAR available in the horticultural industry. It is also dimmable from 600 watts to 1100 watts.This Lighting System Includes:
- GC-1000W Double Ended HPS/MH/CMH All in One Fixture
- Your Choice of Grower's Choice 1000W Double Ended CMH Bulb: 3,100K / 3,000K-R / 4,200K
- Rated Main Voltage: 120V/240V - 20/220/240V - 277V
- Input Current: 9.2A 4.6A - 4.6A - 3.6A
- Input Frequency: 50/60 Hz
- Power Factor: >0.98
- THD: <10%
- Required Lamp Voltage: 220V +/- 20V
- Ignition Voltage: 3KV-4KV
The GC-315 and GC-1000 Digital Ballasts allow lamps of various wattages to be operated in the same unit simply by adjusting the dial on the ballast. Each lamp will be operated to the exact specification that the lamp requires.
Smart Step Technology
By turning the dial on the GC Series Digital Ballast you can reduce the output of a lamp when not so much power is needed. Just turn the dial again to step back to full power.
The Super Lumen feature on GC-315 and GC-1000 will increase the output of the ballasts highest wattage lamp to achieve maximum lamp performance. Increase is approximately 10% depending on model.
Smart Start™ Ignition Control
This revolutionary feature, unique to our products, makes GC Series Digital Ballast the safest and most reliable ballast when used in automated multiple lamp applications. When multiple units are connected to the same mains circuit, our integrated Ignition Control software will completely balance the electrical draw by igniting one lamp at a time to prevent electrical surges and spikes that can overload the mains circuit and trip circuit breaking systems. For further efficiency, this feature is activated alongside our 'Soft Start Technology'.
Soft Start Technology
Soft Start Technology prolongs lamp life by stopping current rush to the lamp and preventing lamp overload. When the ballast is started from cold there will be a 3 second fixed delay before ignition. After ignition there will be a series of random 0-2 second delays before full brightness is reached after approximately 3-5 minutes. SoftStart Technology is also activated when increasing and decreasing power to the lamp using the 'Smart-Step' feature.
Re-Strike of Hot Lamp after Mains Failure
The GC Series Digital Ballast uses a timed re-strike system that prevents the ballast from re-striking a hot lamp after a power failure. If a hot lamp is detected, the re-strike will be delayed for 60 second intervals until the lamp has cooled sufficiently to be re-ignited. Re-ignition is then controlled by 'SmartStart Ignition Control' and 'Soft Start Technology' software.
The GC Series Digital Ballast is suitable for use with all good quality HPS, Metal Halide and Ceramic Metal Halide lamps. For a guaranteed perfect match and the best results we recommend Grower’s Choice horticultural lamps. Grower’s Choice lamps are optimized for use with high efficiency electronic ballasts with adjustable output.
High Energy Efficiency
The GC Series Digital Ballast is up to 30% more efficient than standard magnetic ballast producing more lumens of light per watt of consumed energy. Efficiency does not diminish and is maintained for the entire life of the unit.
Automatic Frequency Adjustment
The GC Series Digital Ballast automatically adjusts its output frequency to maintain a constant output regardless of input power fluctuations and ageing lamps. This also prevents 'lamp flicker'.
Full Circuit Protection
The GC Series Digital Ballast uses a sophisticated software controlled circuit breaking system that is not seen in other manufacturer's ballasts. The system protects against a series of faults including: Open Circuit Protection, Short Circuit Protection, Over Voltage Protection, Under Voltage Protection and Over Temperature Protection. On Ignition the ballast performs a 3 second test of the circuit and in the event of a fault the ballast will go into protection mode to avoid damage to the ballast and lamp.
The GC Series Digital Ballasts' unique case design acts as a superior heat sink making the ballast extremely cool running without the need for internal fans.
The GC Series Digital Ballast has superior RF Shielding with Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) of less than 10% meaning it will not interfere with television or radio equipment.
The GC Series Digital Ballast has no noisy internal fans and is completely silent in operation.
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- Great Light for the Price
- The Pros: Great spectral output, second to none as it is with CMH, Intensity is almost as good as HPS. Old school growers know the benefits all too well and some refuse to try anything else. The price is really good when you compare it to an LED that produces 90 CRI+. Now the Cons: The price is definitely getting higher and higher, I bought mine complete with a 3,100K Bulb for under 300 from here at hydrobuilder. As with all HID lighting, Count on 1) Absolute necessitation of standalone air conditioning, and 2) if running 120V, its own circuit. with this thing in overdrive, you'll be lucky to safely run anything else on the circuit. 3) iffy quality on their bulbs. I've got two good ones now, but went through two bad ones before I got there. All in all, once it's going properly, Its a very nice light that provides great growth in veg and bloom (4,200K to 3,100K). It has a solid 4x4 footprint at 24" and brings on nice trich' production with the 3,100K
- Tech Specs