Using insulated transportation carriers will help preserve your investment from cultivation to delivery, and every step in between. Products such as the Metro Mightylite Insulated Top-Load Carriers keep the temperature consistent, improving efficiency and ensuring top-shelf quality.
What Benefits Do Insulated Transportation Carriers Have Over Standard Carriers?
You may be skeptical of the benefits these insulated transport carriers have over standard carrying devices. The main feature is they will keep temperatures down, which is really important during long days of transportation, particularly in warmer climates such as California, Nevada, etc. Here is a full list of the reasons we recommend commercial growers transport their product in these insulated cases:
- Maximum terpene preservation through insulation: The biggest benefit of this style of carrier is that the insulation preserves the terpenes in your product, ensuring it maintains the same top-shelf aroma and taste it went into the container with! Because terpenes evaporate easily, especially when exposed to warm, dry conditions, the insulation is really important to keep potency and medicinal benefit high.
- Easy, lightweight transportation: Even when filled to the brim with product, these carriers are super easy to move between locations. Whether you are taking them from one room in your facility to another, or across the state, you can easily carry and move them without breaking your back.
- Simple, safe stacking: When storing product, you can safely stack these carriers on top of each other to save space and minimize any loss of profit or injury.
- Keep edible products cool to maintain consistency and flavor: If you manufacture edible products, insulated transportation carriers are a must. These can be used in refrigerated environments to keep your edibles at the right temperature. This will prevent anything from melting, and decreasing the value of your hard work.
- Protect product during transportation: The hard exterior of these insulated transportation cases will protect your product when moving them around. Should you encounter any mishaps, such as a falling carrier, you can rest assured the product inside will remain unharmed.
What Businesses Can Benefit From Using Insulated Transportation Carriers?
Just about every aspect of the supply chain in this industry can benefit from using insulated transport carriers at some point in their process. If you handle any flower or other product, these will help with storage and transportation and ensure you can command top dollar. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Kitchens that produce edibles
- Extraction facilities
- Delivery Services
- Connoisseurs who purchase flower in bulk and don't want terpenes to diminish over time
Frequently Asked Questions About Insulated Transportation Carriers
Here are some of the most common questions we get from those inquiring about these products.
Are these insulated carriers heavy?
In general, insulated transportation cases are constructed of ultra-lightweight EPP (expanded polypropylene). This material can be up to 80% lighter than the competition, but is by no means weak or brittle. It is strong enough to stand the test of time, while protecting your precious cargo inside. The four ergonomic handles that are integrated into the product make lifting and carrying the cases easier than ever.
How do you clean insulated transport carriers?
Cleaning these devices is easier than you'd expect. All you need is simple 409 cleaner, a soft bristle brush to scrub, and a water source such as a hose! You can even put small enough units directly into a dishwasher to clean them and disinfect them.
Just how strong are insulated transportation carriers?
The ultra-lightweight EPP these products are built from has an impressive strength:weight ratio, so while its super easy to carry, it does not compromise on strength. They have a really high energy absorbing ability which can withstand hard impact with no damage to the case itself, or the product inside!