- Lighting Type
HPS/MH - Double Ended
- Reflector Type
- Reflector Cord Type
The patented sealed optic technology allows removal of heat generated by the lamp without cooling the lamp. Made specifically for double-ended horticulture lamps (not included). Features German made, UL listed double-ended sockets. Unique double-ended construction allows for maximum optical efficiency and uniformity. Improved spectrum DE lamps used in this fixture focus on the red component for increased photosynthetic response.
They offer improved PAR values and increased PAR/lumen maintenance (up to 90% PAR at 10,000 hours of operation). The AC/DE’s patent pending design allows removal of heat generated by the lamp without cooling the lamp below proper operating temperature. 95% reflective textured German aluminum interior with 98% reflective corner inserts offer excellent uniformity, output and diffusion.
Galvanized steel housing with durable powder coated finish. Manufactured with exacting standards. It features double gaskets (between glass & reflector and glass & frame) for an air tight seal. Hinged glass makes changing lamps and cleaning glass easy. 15 ft detachable lamp cord. Comes with built in level for easy, consistent, level hanging.
Compared to other air cooled double ended reflectors, the AC/DE does not directly air cool the lamp. Directly air cooling double ended bulbs decreases the lamps performance i.e., decreasing PAR (photosynthetically active radiation) levels to your indoor garden. This is because double ended bulbs have nitrogen gas inside them that is more sensitive to temperature fluctuations. Decreases in temperature will cause your digital ballast to increase the power to the bulb in an effort to maintain its intensity, which will then make your ballast run more amperage and wattage to achieve the same brightness.What are the benefits of Double Ended bulbs?
1. Double Ended HPS bulbs degrade slower than traditional single ended HPS bulbs. In fact, after 10,000 hours double ended lamps will still output approximately 90% of their original intensity.
2. Double Ended HPS bulbs are more stable than traditional single ended HPS bulbs, and this allows them to have a 10% increase in light intensity and PAR output over traditional single ended HPS bulbs.
3. Double Ended HPS bulbs emit more UV and IR light than traditional single ended HPS bulbs, increasing the potency and essential oils of oil producing plants.
- Overall Dimensions: 32"L x 20"W x 9.5"H
- Glass Frame Dimensions: 20.3"L x 21"W
- 5 year warranty.
US patents: D698,987, D698,628, D737,498, D726,116, 9,016,907. US Patent Pending: 29/500,428, 29/520,168, 14/662,706, 13/533,189, PCTUS2014014959. Chinese patents: ZL201330634881.9, ZL201330642281.7.
- Lighting Type
- Tech Specs
Brand Sun System SKU HGC904904 Weight (lb.) 25.65 Prop 65 No Length (in.) 23.07 Width (in.) 13.39 Height (in.) 34.09 Warranty 5 Year UPC 849969000139 Lead Time Ships in 7 Days UL Listed No Lighting Type HPS/MH - Double Ended Reflector Type Air-Cooled Reflector Flange Size 8" Flange Glass Included Yes Bulb(s) Included? No Power Cord Length 15ft
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- Well holy crap
- DE hood with bulb straight killing it. Never going back.