Harvest Right Pharmaceutical Freeze Dryer
Harvest Right's Pharmaceutical Freeze Dryer solves many of the problems associated with processing and preserving plants, herbs, and organic compounds.
What is Freeze Drying?
When material containing water is placed into an almost zero humidity environment, the water molecules are drawn out of the material and into the CO2, raising the relative humidity of the CO2 and lowering the water content of the material.
If the CO2 around the material is steadily replenished then the process will continue until all moisture has been removed from the material. All this happens at low temperatures, below the freezing point of water, which means that the material is preserved in a totally ‘fresh’ state.
Benefits of Freeze Drying
- You can decrease dry time and processing from days to hours, while preserving the peak trichome and terpene profile of your product.
- Through the process of sublimation moisture is removed from the crop preserving terpenes, maximizing flavor and aroma.
- Materials are preserved in a "fresh" state.
Three Things Cause Organic Material to Degrade and Lose Freshness
Harvest Right’s Pharmaceutical Freeze Dryer removes water from plants and organic compounds while they are in a frozen state.
This locks in the freshness of herbs and plants. Their appearance, nutritional content, and potency remain the same as when they were fresh.
Most water extraction methods destroy enzymes and terpenes because of the heat used in the extraction process.
Because the freeze drying process does not use heat to remove water, the enzymes and terpenes in freeze dried products are not destroyed.
Oxygen absorbers can be used to protect packaged foods and organic compounds against spoilage, mold growth, color change, and loss of nutrition.
By removing residual oxygen inside packaging to below 0.01%, oxygen absorbers effectively preserve packaged foods without the need for food additives/preservatives and without the need for vacuum sealing.
Specs & Features
- The freeze dryer has built in intelligence. It automatically and perfectly manages the freeze drying process
- The ideal vacuum pressure and drying temperature is maintained for each material—preserves freshness and potency
Pharmaceutical Freeze Dryer | Small
- 3.75 square feet of tray space
- Shelving unit holds 5 trays
- 3 liters of ice capacity
Pharmaceutical Freeze Dryer | Medium
- 6.5 square feet of tray space—nearly twice the capacity of Harvest Right’s standard Medium freeze dryer
- Shelf Unit Has shelves for 7 trays
- 4 liters of ice capacity
Pharmaceutical Freeze Dryer | Large
- 10.25 square feet of tray space—nearly twice the capacity of Harvest Right’s standard Large freeze dryer
- Shelf Unit Has shelves for 8 trays
- 6 liters of ice capacity
Each vacuum pump has been factory tested to guarantee 25 microns (25,400 Microns = 1 Inch of Hg) or better, and listed CFM performance.
Vacuum Pump Specifications:
- CFM: 7.2
- Motor: 3/4 HP, 1725 RPM
- Standard 115V 60Hz
- Plug: US 110V
- Intake Port: 3/4 JIC ﬂare
- Intake Port: 21 oz (680 cc)
- Dimensions: 10 1/2” H x 16” D x 5 3/4” W
- Weight: 35 lbs
- Tech Specs