- Coverage Area
Veg: 6' x 6'; Flower: 5' x 5'
- Exact Watts
- LED Light Spectrum
- Est. Electricity Cost /mo
Covert Product Documents
The ALL-NEW Covert LED-X Series Grow Lights Now Available From Hydrobuilder.com!
Note: Minimal assembly required. The Covert LED-X 500 Watt Grow Lights need to be assembled out of the box.
With only 500 watts pulled from the wall, the all-new Covert LED-X series grow light provides a complete full spectrum ideal for the vegetative stage through the flowering phase, resulting in increased crop quality and yields over similar wattage LED's on the market. The design of these fixtures allow light to be spread throughout the entire footprint more evenly, reducing hotspots and delivering uniform levels of photosynthesis flux density, or PPFD.
The 500 watt Covert LED-X is designed to cover a vegetative footprint of up to 6' x 6' and up to a 5' x 5' footprint in flower. These low profile, lightweight fixtures are perfect for grows of any size! For a smaller coverage, check out the little sister of the 500W LED-X, the Covert 250 Watt LED-X Grow Light. All Covert LED-X Series lights are controllable with the optional Covert Lighting Controller (sold separately).
Covert LED-X Features and Benefits
- Balanced Spectrum For Full-Cycle Growing
- Low Energy Use & Virtually No Heat Output
- Increased Yield & Crop Quality
- Simple Plug-and-Play Set-Up & Use
- Great For Covert 4' x 4' & 5' x 5' Grow Tents
- Compatible with the Covert Master Lighting Controller
- Control Up To 100 Fixtures with a Single Controller
- Dimmable Down To 0% With The Covert Master Controller
- Fixture Design Provides Better Light Uniformity & Heat Dissipation Over Traditional Panel LED's
The Covert LED-X series features a perfect blend of both full-spectrum white LED diodes and far-red LED diodes. This results in the perfect spectrum for all phases of growth.
The mix of white and red LEDs result in a relatively high ratio of bluish light. Blue light keeps your crop tight and compact in the vegetative stage and adds to optimal morphogenesis and light uptake by the plant. It maintains the photosynthetic system of the plant, which can shorten your flowering time. Blue light also signals stomatal opening during the light-on period.
The spread of red LEDs throughout the open 4-bar fixture ensures a uniformly mixed spectrum on your plants at short distances. The far-red LED's help encourage stem growth, blooming/flowering and bud production.
Looking to grow full-cycle from the comfort of your own home? Our LED-X grow lights require no maintenence, no bulb changes, and no worrying. Check out our pre-set LED-X Grow Tent Kits here to start growing your own top-shelf product.
Even Coverage & PAR Distribution
The unique 4-bar configuration gives you the ability to mount this LED in rooms with low ceilings, on vertical growing racks, over grow benches and especially in grow tents. For the ideal uniformity, hang the fixture about 12" inches from the crop.
This new multi-bar LED fixture type is quickly becoming the new standard, due to the even light spread over the canopy, while easily dispersing heat from the open style bar fixture.
Output and Efficiency
Operating at only 500 watts with an output of 1050 µmol s-1, this LED achieves an efficiency of 2.1 µmol s-1 per watt. Four passively cooled LED bars provide great light coverage with no fans or moving parts, reducing the chance of failure compared to other LED fixtures with built-in fans.
The high fixture efficiency of 2.1 μmol s-1 per Watt enables you to finally leap ahead in reducing your HVAC requirements compared to HPS/MH lighting. The high efficiency but low powered LED configuration with 4 LED bars spread out reduces the temperature of the LEDs, increasing the output and improving their light maintenance.
When using the optional Covert Lighting Controller you will bring your indoor garden to the next level with new-age automation, all at an affordable price for home, hobby and professional growers.
When the Covert LED-X series is paired with the Covert Master Lighting Controller you will be able to control up to 100 fixtures with the same controller. The Covert controller also features on/off times, high temp shut-off, dimming up to 100%, and controls up to 2 separate zones or rooms. Controller sold separately.
Covert LED-X 500 Watt Product Specifications
Light Source LED Spectrum Full-spectrum White with Enhanced Red (Seedling to Flower) PPF (light output) 1050 μmol/s Input Power 500 Watts PAR Efficacy 2.1 μmol/s Coverage Area Veg: 6' x 6' ; Flower: 5' x 5' - 4' x 4' HPS Equivalent 600 - 750 Watts Input Voltage Auto-sensing 100-277 Volt Fixture Dimensions | Weight 42" L x 45" W x 4.9" H | 16 lbs. Mounting Height ≥6" - 12" (15.2cm) Above Canopy Thermal Management Passive Dimming 0-10V (with Covert Controller) Light Distribution 120° Color Rendering Index 90ra Operating Temperature Rage -4°F to 185°F Lifetime 50,000 hrs Power Factor >90% Certifications UL8800 (Damp Location Rating), CE Warranty 3 Year Standard Warranty Amps 4.17A @ 120V, 2.40A @ 208V, 2.08A @ 240V, 1.81A @ 277V Power Cords Included Includes a 120 volt power cord. 240 volt & 277 volt power cord sold separately.
- Tech Specs
Brand Covert SKU CT-LEDX-500 Weight (lb.) 26 Prop 65 No Length (in.) 42 Width (in.) 45.5 Height (in.) 4.9 Warranty 3 Year UL Listed No Lighting Type LED LED Light Spectrum Full Spectrum LED Fixture Type Panel Est. Electricity Cost /mo $21.60 Exact Watts 500 Watts HID Equivalent 600 - 750 Watts Coverage Area Veg: 6' x 6'; Flower: 5' x 5' Suggested Hanging Height 6" - 12" Above Canopy PAR Efficiency 2.1 μmol/s Total PPF Output 1050 μmol/s Power Factor >90% Daisy Chain Up to 100 Fixtures (with controller) Voltage 120/208/240/277 Volt Amps 4.17A @ 120V, 2.40A @ 208V, 2.08A @ 240V, 1.81A @ 277V Frequency 50/60hz Power Cord(s) Included 120 Volt Power Cord Power Cord Length 6 ft.
Customer Reviews 4 item(s)
- Light is great, first controller had issues
- Overall I think this LED is a pretty good deal. The only issue is that the controller was having issues that were making the memory board on the LEDs stay in the off position. Hydrobuilder sent me a replacement controller and that fixed the issue. They sent me a shirt, samples and overnighted the new master controller to make up! Thanks for making it right
- Great light
- Got the light with a 5x5 gorilla tent from Hydrobuilder.com for Christmas moved two plants from under my other led light just starting to flower. They exploded with tons of buds even on interior branching.
Great light penetration. Very satisfied with the whole kit!
- worth every penny
- This blows away my previous set with a 600w HPS setup. Much easier to manage the temps, plus the coverage is much better to the edges of my tent. The light is easier to work under as well.
I just finished my first full cycle and could not be happier with the result and what I paid. The plants came out dense, super terpy, and yields were solid.
The ease of use and fact that you don't need to replace anything on LED's are awesome, plus they last a lot longer. not sure why someone would still use HPS after trying out a new LED. they are much much better than the first one I got like 8 years ago lol.
- Great LED great price
- I wanted to try out the new Gavita 1700e or the Growers Choice 680 LED but my tent is only 4x4 and those fixtures would be a tight fit so hydrobuidler recommended this fixture. Similar design, no moving parts or fans, just passive colling and great even coverage. Low heat and overall a great product. I will probably be buying more when I expand to a 8x8 or 10x10 tent. I highly suggest giving this light a chance
- Coverage Area
Download Our App
Faster checkout, tracking notifications & more!