The DimLux Plant Camera is a revolutionary piece of equipment that takes accurate readings of leaf temperatures at the canopy level, in order to feed the information back to the DimLux Maxi Controller. This information is then used in conjunction with room temperature and humidity readings to calculate and display the vapour pressure deficit (VPD) level - a measurement that describes the surrounding atmosphere’s potential to draw water away from plants through transpiration. The higher the VPD reading, the greater the pressure deficit between your plants and the air around them. Large pressure deficits mean that your plants will lose more water through their stomata. Small pressure deficits mean that plants hold onto their water more easily (great for cuttings, etc). The Maxi Controller is capable of regulating the output of your lighting according to the difference in temperature between the plants and the surrounding atmosphere, ensuring that VPD levels always sit within the correct range.
- Infrared heat detecting plant camera
- Facilitates ultra-precise environmental control
- Allows the Maxi Controller to automatically calculate VPD
- Used by the professional horticultural industry
- Very easy to install – plugs straight into the Maxi Controller
- Measures actual plant leaf temperature
- Comes with 5 metre long cable
- Includes 1 x plant camera, 1 x light-protective screen, 1 x 5 metre cable
Set-up is relatively straight forward. The plant camera can be plugged directly into the ‘Infrared’ socket on the Maxi Controller and mounted in a suitable place overlooking the canopy at an angle of 45 degrees. The camera will cover an area that is equal to the distance squared. In other words, if the camera is 40cm away from the canopy the area it would cover would be 40cm square.