Bluelab Product Documents
The simplest and most effective reservoir monitor you could ever own!
The Bluelab Guardian Monitor provides 24 hour continuous reading for pH, conductivity (EC/ppm 700/TDS/CF) and temperature within a nutrient solution.
Optimizing these critical parameters through a plants' growing phase helps ensure a successful crop.
Designed for indoor use, the Guardian Monitor can be mounted on a wall or hung on a support bar. Set up your reservoir, place the pH and conductivity probes in the solution, then adjust and glance!
Simply set high and low alarm states - if the solution moves away from the ideal range, the display flashes. A quick look at the monitor will let you know when your nutrient solution needs adjusting.
- Plant-safe green LEDs
- Large easy to read displays
- No calibration required for conductivity and temperature
- Simple push button pH calibration
- Selectable values for conductivity and temperature
- Flashing high and low alarms
- Greater tolerance to RF / electronic interference provided
- Water resistant design
- International power supply included
- Replaceable double junction pH probe included
- Adjustable display brightness
- Non-volatile memory (setting retained when power lost)
- 2 year limited guarantee for Bluelab Guardian Monitor
- 6 month limited guarantee for Bluelab pH Probe
- Tech Specs
Brand Bluelab SKU HGC716336 Weight (lb.) 1.7 Height (in.) 8.8 Prop 65 No Lead Time Ships in 7 Days Length (in.) 3.7 Width (in.) 5.3 Warranty 2 Year UPC 9421024920081 UL Listed No
- Product Q&A
Bluelab Guardian Monitor Questions & Answers
Why do we need to clean the probes on Bluelab instruments?
A clean probe is an accurate probe! Cleaning is the most important piece of maintenance required on any Bluelab instrument. The probe comes into contact with the solution and relay the reading back to the instrument for it to be displayed. The probe surface is susceptible to being contaminated or being covered in a greasy film that inhibits an exact reading. There are no shortcuts to cleaning the probes. It is already a very simple procedure and it will also ensure your instrument measures it right every time.
My nutrient readings are inaccurate - why?
- The probe could be contaminated
- The temperature of the solution could be very different to the temperature of the probe
- Clean the conductivity probe as described in the related article
- Wait 5 - 10 minutes for the reading to stabilize
- Contact zone not immersed.
- Lower the pH Pen into the solution at least 2cm/1".
Why are my readings noisy / readings jumping?