Developed from a naturally occurring bacteria, Streptomyces griseoviridis, Mycostop thrives in the root zone of plants. In doing so it creates a biological defense against root infecting pathogenic fungi which cause disease such as wilt and root rot.
Mycostop has been shown (in independent trials) to increase plant vigor and yields even in the absence of obvious root pathogen activity. The active bacteria produces plant root stimulating hormones which hastens roots development and increases the plants natural resistance to attack from disease.
Uses for Mycostop in RDWC include control of diseases caused by Pythium, Fusarium, Botrytis, Rhizoctonia and Phytophthora in CEA and greenhouse applications.
The most effective way to use Mycostop is preventatively, reapplying on a monthly basis. The Streptomyces griseoviridis bacteria survives in the root zone for several weeks protecting the crop against invading pathogens.
Apply Mycostop in your RDWC system preemptively or any time your plants suffer heat or chemical stress.
BIOLOGICAL PRODUCT FOR ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY HORTICULTURE
- Contains a naturally occurring bacterial strain isolated from Sphagnum peat
- A reliable tool to control damping-off, wilt and root diseases
- Promotes plant growth
- Induces plant defence mechanisms
- Effective in an organic and inorganic growing medium
- Approved for organic horticulture
- Compatible with biological and integrated pest management programmes
- No risk of resistance
- Long-lasting impact on the entire plant
- Safe for humans, the environment and beneficials
Mycostop can be used in conjunction with UC Roots to control fungal diseases in the root zone. Mycostop should be applied when plants are initially transplanted and reapplied subsequently at monthly intervals. Mycostop is available in 2 sizes:
2 Gram Treats up to 200 Gallons of Nutrient Solution
5 Gram Treats up to 500 Gallons of Nutrient Solution
- Tech Specs