Harvest Right Product Documents
Harvest Right Scientific Freeze Dryers
Our fully customizable scientific freeze dryers (lyophilizers) are a technological breakthrough, and a perfect addition to any laboratory.
Labs, universities, and research institutions that have used Harvest Right freeze dryers prefer them over larger, more expensive products.
Our scientific lyophilizer units are easier to use, more reliable, and have features that even larger, more expensive scientific units don’t have, such as our patented “smart sensors” that can sense when the material you are freeze drying is finished.
The scientific freeze dryer can be completely customized with your preferred processes. You can have multiple manageable profiles, each providing the ability to automatically power on and off the condensing unit and the vacuum pump in conjunction with ascending, controlled temperature and time settings.
What is Freeze Drying?
When material containing water is placed into an almost zero humidity environment, the water molecules are drawn out of the material and into the CO2, raising the relative humidity of the CO2 and lowering the water content of the material.
If the CO2 around the material is steadily replenished then the process will continue until all moisture has been removed from the material. All this happens at low temperatures, below the freezing point of water, which means that the material is preserved in a totally ‘fresh’ state.
Benefits of Freeze Drying
- You can decrease dry time and processing from days to hours, while preserving the peak trichome and terpene profile of your product.
- Through the process of sublimation moisture is removed from the crop preserving terpenes, maximizing flavor and aroma.
- Materials are preserved in a "fresh" state.
Key Features & Benefits
- Includes Oil-Free Vacuum Pump
- Full-color, touch-screen display.
- Operation allows for recipe customization (up to 10 Thermal Treatment and 12 Drying steps).
- Control of the rate of freeze. This means that the rate of freeze can be speeded up or slowed down.
- Control of the ultimate final freeze temperature.
- Control of the amount of time a material is held at the ultimate freeze temperature before the drying cycle is started.
- Control of the shelf temperature during the dry cycle. This includes setting as many as five different shelf temperatures, thus allowing the material to dry in phases, at different temperatures. For instance, you might have the material begin drying at 10ºF and increase the temperature in phases until the ultimate final dry temperature is 70ºF.
- The shelf heaters can be set to automatically control the rate of sublimation during the primary drying cycle. Through this process, the unit has control of the attendant vacuum pressure.
- The system records and maintains a log of the pressure and temperature during all parts of the freeze-dry cycle.
- Provides ongoing, real-time display of pressure and temperature.
- The unit can also connect to and communicate the freeze dryer cycle data to a nearby PC through an ethernet cable.
Harvest Right Scientific Freeze Dryer | Medium
- Convenience of 4-tray dryer in a table top unit. Large capacity — capable of freeze drying as much as a gallon or two of material (6 to 10 lbs when wet).
- 4-liter ice condensing capacity.
- Holding Capacity: 4 Liters of Sublimated Ice
- Dimensions: 30″ high x 25″ deep x 20″ wide
Harvest Right Scientific Freeze Dryer | Large
- Convenience of 5-tray dryer in a table top unit. Large capacity — capable of freeze drying as much as a 3.5 to 4.0 gallons of material.
- 6-liter ice condensing capacity.
- Holding Capacity: 6 Liters of Sublimated Ice
- Dimensions: 32.5″ high x 25.5″ deep x 22.5″ wide
- Item: Freeze Dryer/Lyophilizer
- Style: Bench/Table Top
- Min. Temp. Rating: Collector Cools to -46ºF
- Collector Material: Stainless Steel
- Drying Chamber: Included (Stainless Steel)
- Purge Valve: Included
- Voltage: 115 Volts
- AMPS: AC20
- Exterior: Stainless Steel or Powder Coated Aluminum
- Electronics: Includes a Full Color Touch Screen (4.3″ diagonal)
- Operation: Manual / Automated
- Vacuum Pump: 7 CFM Oil Free Scroll Vacuum Pump
- Tech Specs