Titan Controls Product Documents
The 'Professional Series' Kronus 4: Controls temperature & humidity with a 'nighttime only' outlet and integrates a CO2 system into the grow area, accelerating your plants potential by creating the perfect growing environment with all the key factors of a successful garden!
The Kronus 4 controls temperature, humidity and CO2 in your grow area at your preferred settings. The built in ten (10) minute 'CO2 delay' feature deactivates CO2 equipment if day temperature setting is exceeded by using a digitally based control system. The software polls the temperature setting ten (10) minutes after the CO2 outlet is defeated to verify that the temperature is too high, and then activates your exhaust fan to lower the conditions under your settings. If the temperature drops below the set point during the ten (10) minute 'CO2 delay', then the exhaust process is defeated and the 'CO2 ON' outlet is reactivated saving your valuable CO2 and keeping it amongst the plants where it belongs. The 'Night Only' output provides a nightlight or circulation fan for your enclosure during the nighttime period.
The Kronus 4 'CO2 ON' feature is only activated during daylight periods to dose CO2 when your plants are able to uptake it and is disabled during the nighttime hours or when the temperature exceeds the preferred setting. Plug your exhaust fan into the 'Exhaust Fan Output' and plug your CO2 tank with emitter system or CO2 generator into the 'CO2 Output' and your daytime conditions are under control. For nighttime conditions, you can plug a nightlight or circulation fan into the 'Night Only Output'.
Product Usage Diagram:
- Controls CO2, temperature and humidity in your garden.
- Activates "CO2 ON' outlet only during daylight hours.
- Ten (10) minute 'CO2 delay' feature allows maximum CO2 coverage with minimum CO2 waste.
- Features a 'Night Only' output to assist with maintenance of the garden after the lights have turned off.
- Easy to understand and simple to use.
- Highlighted 'Grow Zones' for ease of use.
- 25 foot modular remote temperature and humidity sensor. (10 & 50 foot cables available)
- Only the highest quality components are used.
- Improves your yield by creating the perfect environment for your plants.
- 15 Amps - 120 Volts - 60 Hz.
- 3 year warranty.
- Size = 9.5"H x 8.5"W x 2.5"D
- Weight = 3 lbs.
- Input Voltage = 120 Volts/AC
- Output Voltage = 120 Volts/AC
- Maximum Amperage = 15 Amps • Operating Hertz = 60 Hz
- Minimum/Maximum Humidity Control Levels = 40% to 90% (non-condensing) • Humidity Accuracy = ±5% of desired setting
- Minimum/Maximum Temperature Control Levels = 45° to 95°F (7° to 35°C)
- Temperature Accuracy = ± 2°F of desired setting
- RoHS compliant = Yes
- Cord set = 6 feet - 14/4 SWJ
- Remote Sensor Cable = 25 feet/Cat 5e/RJ45
- Storage Temperature = 32° to 135°F (0 to 58°C) • Operating Temperature = 45° to 95°F (7 to 35°C)
- Tech Specs
Brand Titan Controls SKU HGC702655 Weight (lb.) 4.65 Lead Time Ships in 6-7 Business Days Length (in.) 14 Width (in.) 10.6 Height (in.) 5.1 Warranty 3 Year UPC 870883002671 Prop 65 No Controller Functions Multi-Function Control, Temperature Control, Humidity Control, CO2 Control Number of Zones Single Zone Has Photocell No Amps 15 Voltage 120V UL Listed No
- Product Q&A
Titan Controls Kronus 4: Temperature & Humidity Controller w/ Night Outlet Questions & Answers
Does my Titan Controller need to be calibrated?
No, your controller has been factory calibrated and is ready for service when you take it out of the box. Each unit will provide years of use and will maintain its settings without any further changes required.
Are the Titan Controllers compatible with each other?
Yes. They are designed to work together so you may expand your system as needed.
What happens to the 'preferred settings' on my Titan Controller if I lose power?
Titan Controls digitally based equipment has 'non-volatile' memory storage that allows the unit to retain settings due to a loss of power. The analog product line settings are not affected by a loss of power and will maintain dial settings.
Should I run my CO2 at night?
No, you should not. Plants photosynthesize CO2 only during the daylight hours. At night, the plants expire CO2 and have no use for CO2. Save yourself some money and only dose CO2 during daylight hours when it does the most good for the plants.
Why do gardeners enrich their growing space with CO2?
CO2 is proven to speed up a plants growth rate, improve overall health and increase a plants yield. There are also many other benefits to plants, among them greater resistance to temperature extremes and other forms of stress, better growth at low light intensities, improved root/top ratios and less injury from air pollutants.
What methods can I use to enrich CO2 in my indoor garden or greenhouse?
The two most common methods are using a CO2 generator/burner or bottled CO2. The most common generator/burner uses LP (liquid propane) gas from a tank or a NG (natural gas) conversion kit that allows you to hook up your generator/burner to the natural gas line in your house. The other option is to purchase bottled CO2 from a local supplier in your area and control its release into your garden area using a Titan Controls CO2 controller (Atlas 1) or short cycle repeat cycle timer with photocell. It should be noted that there is no advantage to increasing CO2 levels beyond 2000 PPM for most greenhouse plants. The optimum level of CO2 for plant growth is generally accepted at 1200 - 1600 PPM.