Sun System Product Documents
Choose your fixture voltage and lamp in the drop-down option above. The Sun System 315 Watt LEC Commercial Fixture is available with a 208/240V, 277V, or 480V power supply and 3100K or 4200K color temperature lamp.
Sun System LEC Brand 315 Watt Commercial Light Fixtures feature a unique reflector design that makes them great for larger commercial-style grow spaces with higher ceilings enabling the lights to be placed higher above the canopy
Light-emitting ceramic technology offers many benefits over traditional HID lighting, including reduced heat output, more optimal spectral range and reduced power usage. Read below to learn how you can save time, money and frustration while increasing yields with LEC lights from Sun System!
Features a 98% reflective German aluminum insert and 95% reflective textured corners for excellent output, uniformity and diffusion. Features a highly efficient agriculturally engineered Philips CDM-T 315 Watt LEC brand lamp (lamp included). Greatly improved full color light spectrum out of next-generation ceramic lamps. Higher amounts of beneficial UV and far red spectrums increase the lamps growth power to the plants. Manufactured with exacting standards and double neoprene gaskets for an air tight seal. Hinged glass makes changing lamps and cleaning glass easy. Comes with built in level for easy, consistent, level hanging.
Color Temperature: 3100K or 4200K
3100K and 4200K CMH lamps both emit a spectrum capable for growing plants full-cycle (veg through flower). The 3100K lamp is biased towards the red wavelength (ideal for flowering), and the 4200K lamp is biased towards the blue wavelength (ideal for vegetative growth), however both offer a wide enough spectrum for the full-cycle of a plants life.
- The compact commercial design to minimize greenhouse sunlight blockage.
- Very high 1.95 PPF (photosynthetic photon flux) per second light source.
- 3100K or 4,200K lamp option. High 92 CRI, 33,000 initial lumens (105Lm/W).
- Long life 20,000 hour lamp.
- High 90% lumen maintenance @ 8000 hr. and 85% PPF maintenance @ 20,000 hr.
- Unique open rated lamp construction reduces radiant heat from the arc tube and is suitable for open fixture use.
- 50/60 Hz low frequency, square wave, highly efficient Philips electronic ballast rated for 50,000 hour ballast life.
- The Philips brand electronic ballast incorporates built in thermal protection.
- Daisy chain a total of 6 units together
- 240V power cord with plug
- Detachable unistrut mounting hangers or traditional V-hangers.
- One year warranty on the lamp.
- Reflector Dimensions: 17.8L x 7.7W x 12.3H
A Whole New Type of Light
For decades traditional HPS and MH bulbs have been the standard for many growers but these days there are many new options available. Sun System has been developing Light Emitting Ceramic lights for years and they offer many unique benefits over both traditional lighting and newer technologies like LED and plasma. Because LECs run cooler, use fewer watts, and provide full spectrum light penetration, many growers have been blown away by the performance, cost savings and longevity of these new lights. They are great for small spaces like grow tents due to their low heat output, but also make great commercial fixtures with their long lamp life and reliable spectral maintenance.
True Full Spectrum Light
LEC or “CDM” lamps provide a wider spectral range including many more wavelengths in the UV and far red regions. This provides more PPFD than traditional HID lighting promoting vigorous plant growth. With the wide spectrum offered from the 3100K Phillips Lamp you can use one lamp for full-cycle growing. These lamps also make great supplemental fixtures for gardens with traditional HID lighting and will help to broaden the total spectrum increasing growth and flower quality in late-stage growth. Also available is a 4,200K bulb perfect for those using these lights in a veg room. The clean, white light is also easier to work under than the more purple light many LED’s produce, helping you identify nutrient or pest issues much faster!
Extra-Long Lasting Philips Lamps
Far outlasting MH and HPS bulbs, LEC’s extended lamp life will make your life easier with fewer lamp replacements each year. The unique characteristics of these lamps also increases the lumen and spectral maintenance meaning your light quality will remain optimal much longer than with traditional MH or HPS lamps. These lamps do require specific square-wave ballasts to work correctly, so Sun System made it easy by including them in the fixture itself. This makes garden layout easier and ensures your lamps will continue to provide powerful full-spectrum light for its entire rated life. A remote-ballast model is also available.
Cooler and More Energy Efficient
These lights are cool! Ceramic Discharge Metal Halides lamps produce intense light at about half the watts of traditional MH or HPS bulbs. This allows you to cover the same grow space with an equivalent amount of light while cutting wattage use in half! LEC or CMH lamps are equivalent to HID lights of twice the wattage. Save on your energy bills by reducing the total wattage needed to grow! These lights will easily pay for themselves with energy savings in no time.
Multiple Models Available
Sun System has developed five models of fixtures, each available with either the 3,100K or 4,200K lamps giving you tons of options to optimize your garden lighting. Shop All Sun System LECs Here or learn more about each model below:
- 315 Watt - These models are great for smaller tents and grow spaces. Each light will adequately cover a 3' x 3' footprint and you can combine multiple lights to cover larger grow areas.
- 630 Watt - These larger fixtures are great for covering larger tents and grow spaces up to 4' x 4'. They also enable the combination of the two bulb spectrums available (3,100K and 4,200K) to provide a broader spectrum. Combine multiple models to cover larger spaces easily.
- 315 Watt Commercial - The unique reflector design of these units make them great for larger commercial-style grow spaces with higher ceilings enabling the lights to be placed higher above the canopy.
- 315 Watt Remote - These lights enable growers to place the ballast in a remote location, enabling different wiring hookup options. The reflector shape and design is identical to the standard 315 models.
- The Grow Beast - For those growers wanting the biggest and the best, the grow beast provides a great combination of LEC and DE light and packs it all into an easy to manage single housing. Great for coverage of 4' x 8'!
Want to learn more about Sun System LECs and their benefits over traditional HPS or MH lamps? Click here to learn more!
Proudly Made & Assembled In The USA!
US Patent Pending: 29/518,803.
Sun System 315 Watt LEC Commercial Fixture with Lamp Videos
- Tech Specs