Shut Up Your Fans With The Phat Muffler!
The Phat Muffler is the best and most recognized Duct & Fan Muffler on the international market—easily handling the loudest fan noise, giving you peace of mind.
Phat Mufflers use an extra thick glass fiber pack with a Noise Reduction Coefficient (NRC) of 0.85 versus 0.50 for foam based mufflers.
- Aluminum outer shell—extremely lightweight and rustproof means easy hanging or fan attachment.
- Glass fiber instead of acoustical foam —glass fiber has a Noise Reduction Coefficient (NRC) of 85% versus 50% for foam.
- End flanges with inner taper of 45 degrees versus a flat 90 degrees with other brands to further eliminate sound. The inner taper of the flanges helps prevent sound waves from escaping.
- Inner mesh holding with expansive open-air perforations—allows the maximum amount of sound waves to enter the thick bed of glass fiber where the sound is transformed into heat as it passes through each glass fiber.
- Place your Phat Muffler on the intake side of your fan/blower for maximum sound attenuation if you only have one muffler. For maximum sound attenuation on a blower/filter line, place one muffler on the blower intake and one muffler on the blower outtake.
- Phat Mufflers are not directional—they can be positioned so that air blows through them in either direction.
- For a tight, solid fit, self-tapping sheet metal screws can be put through the Phat Muffler flanges directly into your fan if desired. Duct tape can also be used.
- Mufflers should not get wet. If your muffler gets wet, dry it out thoroughly so it will work correctly.
- Phat mufflers should be the same diameter as your duct size unless you want to increase the air pressure intentionally.
- To hang a Phat Muffler, you can tap into the muffler housing with sheet metal screws or hang it with chain or rope that is wrapped around the muffler housing.
- Tech Specs