King Electric Product Documents
The King Electric SKB Heater
The SKB compact heavy duty unit heater is designed for use as primary or supplemental heat sources in large or exposed areas, including commercial stores, workshops, barns, storage shed and garages to prevent freezing. Spiral finned steel elements and high air volume (CFM) ensure efficient heat exchange producing cooler element operation, prolonging heater life. By combining the highest quality components with a dynamically balanced fan blade, the SKB unit heater will provide years of trouble-free service. Includes both a power on indicating light and a red caution light that comes on if the heater stops due to the over temperature limit tripping. A universal wall/ceiling bracket provides for quick and simple installation. The built-in thermostat turns the heater on and off to maintain the desired room temperature or a remote wall thermostat can be used. The heater is prewired to easily convert from the built-in thermostat to a wall mounted line voltage thermostat. The heater can also be controlled by purchasing a transformer relay to operate a remote 24V wall thermostat.
Small Size. Big Comfort. It's low-profile design size fits almost anywhere. Includes a simple, built-in mechanical thermostat. And it's pre-wired for an optional low voltage, remote wall thermostat.
Patented Smart Limit Protection (U.S. Patent #6,748,163 B2) automatically shuts power off to the heater in an abnormal event and must be manually reset for safety.
The King Electric SKB Heater Features:
- Built-In Thermostat To Control Comfort
- Models Available In 208V or 240V
- Adjustable Louvers to Direct Air
- Power On & Over-Temp Indicating Lights
- High Mass Steel Fin Heat Exchanger
- Patented Smart Limit Protection
- Permanent Lubricated Unit Bearing Motor
- Universal Wall/Ceiling Bracket Included
- Proudly made in the USA
- 3-year warranty
The King Electric King Electric SKB Heater Engineering Specs:
- Construction:v All exterior and interior metal enclosure parts are made from 20 gauge electrogalvanized Steel with a rust inhibiting baked enamel finish. Rounded corners give it an attractive modern appearance.
- Adjustable Outlet Louver: Louvers direct air up or down as needed.
- Rear Intake Screen: Heavy gauge steel screen protects against foreign objects making accidental contact with the rotating fan blade.
- Spiral Fin Elements: The metal sheath element is copper brazed with spiral fins then molded into a coil configuration. This combination produces the best heat transfer while eliminating the potential for hot spots by positioning the element in the maximum airflow stream.
- Aluminum Fan Blade: Axial flow-type fan mounted directly to the motor shaft for maximum efficiency.
- Built-in Thermostat: Single pole factory installed hydraulic capillary tube thermostat for precision heating control. Operating range 40° to 90° F.
- Red Caution Light: Comes on if high temperature safety limit trips.
- Yellow Power on Light: Gives visual indication that the heater is turned on. *
- High/Low Switch: Provided on 7.5kw & 10kw models. Low setting reduces wattage in half. Fan delay keeps fan running after thermostat cycles off to dissipate all the heat from the elements, making the heater more efficient and prolonging the life of the elements.
- Two Pole Contactor: Provided on 7.5kw & 10kw models. Breaks both L1 and L2 of the power supply wires, the control circuit operates at 240V.
- Pre-Wired For Optional Room Thermostat: Heater shall include a 2-pole terminal block and is prewired to easily convert from the built-in thermostat to a wall mounted line voltage thermostat. The heater can also be controlled by purchasing a transformer relay to operate a remote 24V wall thermostat. Refer to the installation instructions regarding the amperage requirements for use of both the line voltage thermostats and transformer relays. For 240V heaters use transformer relay model 24A01G-3 or RC840T-240/U. For 208V heaters use model 24A05E-1 or RC840T-240/U can be used on 7.5kW/10kW heaters.
- Electrically Held Thermal Overload: Heaters shall be equipped with King's patented Smart Limit Protection, which disconnects the heater when an over temperatures condition occurs. If the Smart Limit trips, it will remain open and will not automatically reset until the thermostat or circuit breaker is turned off for a few minutes. After the overload switch cools the power can be turned back on and the heater will operate again. This keeps the heater from repeatedly cycling allowing the user to determine the cause of the over temperature condition such as an object being placed in front of heater.
- Totally Enclosed Fan Motor: Permanently lubricated long life, unit bearing with 20cc of oil. Epoxy-coated motor with enclosed rotor resists moisture and corrosion for long-lasting, trouble-free operation.
- Easy Installation: A quick access panel located on the bottom of the heater allows for quick wiring and easy maintenance for the life of the heater. Includes universal wall/ceiling bracket for simple installation.
- Approvals: cULus (E41422)
- Tech Specs
Brand King Electric SKU SKB2405-1-T-B Prop 65 No UPC 93319134108 Lead Time This product ships in 2-3 Business Days Warranty 3 Year Warranty Weight (lb.) 30.5 Height (in.) 12.5 Width (in.) 12.5 Length (in.) 15.5 Heating Capacity 17,000 BTU CFM Rating 400 CFM Exact Watts 5,000 Watt Voltage 240 Volts Amps 20.8A Installation Type HVAC Professional ENERGY STAR Certified No Maintenance Information