J&D Manufacturing Product Documents
Horizontal Air Flow (HAF) fans are an important part of any grow facility.
J&D Manufacturing's EZ-Breeze HAF Fan is a high-efficiency air circulator that effectively cools people, plants, animals, and industrial equipment. The EZ-Breeze reduces condensation, dries animal litter and bedding, and creates a uniform temperature throughout your building to reduce heating costs.
HAF fans serve in several different important ways. They de-stratify the air. This helps bring warm air out of the peak or ceiling, mixing it with the cooler air underneath so your heater doesn’t need to turn on so soon after the sun goes down. They also provide a fresh supply of carbon dioxide to your plants and blow humidity out of the plant canopy. HAF fans also “scrub” the corners helping to evaporate condensation. Workers enjoy the breeze too!
EZ Breeze HAF fans from J&D come in 12”, 16”, 20”, and 24” with Thrust CFM ratings of 1,030 to 5,370. The 20” comes with two motor options, 1/10HP or 1/3HP. The basket design provides a wider airflow pattern than our Green Breeze line of HAF fans. The fans come completely assembled with a 10’ cord and grounded plug attached. Standard hanging bracket included. Maintenance-free motors carry a two-year warranty and are variable speed capable when used in conjunction with variable speed control (purchased separately).
Features of the Ez Breeze HAF Fan
- Available in 12”, 16”, 20” and 24”
- CFM ratings ranging from 1030-5370
- Single Phase
- Includes corrosion resistant hot dip galvanized mounting bracket with u-bolts and nuts
- Aluminum propeller designed to reduce ambient noise levels while maintaining maximum circulation requirements
- Efficient variable speed motors (requires separate variable speed control to adjust fan speed)
- Attached 10 ft. cord with 3-prong plug pre-wired for 115 Volts
- Can also be wired for 230 Volts
- Corrosion resistant, white powder coated fan guards meet OSHA 1910.212(a)(5) requirements for installation at any height
- Mounting bracket mounts directly to the yoke of motor to reduce vibration for smooth fan operation
- Fan ships completely assembled and ready for installation
- Totally enclosed, maintenance-free, direct drive high-efficiency motors have completely sealed ball bearings, are UL/CUL recognized, and are covered by a Two Year Warranty
Specification for Green Breeze Fans
SKU Size Speed VDB12G 12" 1/Var^ VDB16G 16" 1/Var^ VDB20G 20" 1/Var^ VDB203G 20" 1/Var^ VDB24G 24" 1/Var^ VDB242G 24" 1/Var^ CFM CFM/Watt Drive 1,030 CFM 8.8 Direct 1,620 CFM 16.2 Direct 1,680 CFM 16.5 Direct 3,340 CFM 9.1 Direct 3,920 CFM 10.2 Direct 5,370 CFM 10.8 Direct
^Variable speed fans require separate variable speed control to adjust fan speed
- Product Q&A
J&D Manufacturing EZ Breeze HAF Recirculating Fan Questions & Answers
Q: What is recirculation ventilation?
A: Recirculation Ventilation uses a series of recirculation fans that are positioned to blow air across the animals to create a cooling effect. When designed properly with an open or curtain sidewall, you can also get an air exchange in the building.
Q: What is the purpose of ventilation?
A: Ventilation helps to maintain a healthy environment by regulating moisture and humidity, controlling temperatures, removing fumes and odors, and exchanging fresh air for humans and animals to maximize productivity.
Q: What should I consider when buying a ventilation fan?
A: There are many important factors to consider when purchasing a fan. Besides cost, you should also consider the efficiency of the fan, the noise level, and the energy use. Many ventilation fans have a lower upfront price tag but will cost you more over time by consuming large amounts of energy.
Q: When is the right time to add a cooling system to my ventilation system?
A: J&D recommends a cooling system when temperatures reach between 85° - 90° depending on your application.
Q: How do I wire my ventilation motor?
A: J&D recommends having all electrical work performed by a certified electrician. The electrician can find the wiring diagram on the motor label.
Q: What is J&D’s warranty on your electric fan motors?
A: J&D offers a 2-year replacement warranty on all electric fan motors, unlike many of our competitors who offer only a one year warranty. Warranty is based on invoice date to the dealer, J&D does not cover freight or labor. POW14, POW18, POW18B, POW24OSC, POW30OSC, VBM60PSC-P, VBM148PSC-P, PDF24, and VRSM10-Power inlet motor carry a 1-year warranty.
- Tech Specs