Hanna Instruments Product Documents
The Hanna Instruments HI98107 pHep® pH tester is a rugged and reliable pocket-sized tester for use in the lab or field. This modern looking meter is only 0.7" thick and extremely ergonomic, fitting comfortably in your hand. This tester keeps things simple with a two-button operation; one for ON/OFF, the other for Calibration.
The HI98107 tester features a large multi level LCD which displays both pH and temperature readings simultaneously. The pH readings are displayed with a 0.1 pH resolution and with an accuracy of ±0.1 pH. The pH range of the HI98107 is from 0.0 to 14.0 pH. An exposed temperature sensor allows for rapid automatic temperature compensated pH measurements. Temperature can be set to display in ℃ or ℉. The LCD screen has stability and calibration tag indicators. The battery percent level is displayed at start up alerting the user to the remaining battery power that is available.
The pH electrode uses a unique reference cell design that utilizes an extractable cloth junction. A clogged junction will typically exhibit erratic readings that will not stabilize. Simply extracting a small portion of cloth from the meter will clear any clog by exposing a fresh, clean surface. The ability to clear any clogging will extend the life of the pH electrode.
Calibration is performed by pressing the dedicated calibration button. Once in calibration mode the pH electrode can be calibrated to 1 or 2 points using the pre-programmed standard buffers (pH 4.01, 7.01,10.01). When the standard value is recognized and stability is reached, the meter automatically accepts and stores the calibration value.
Setup options include automatic shut off timing and temperature unit displayed. Automatic shut-off options are to turn the meter off after 8 minutes, 60 minutes, or disabled. To enter the setup mode the user presses a button located in the battery compartment.
- Slim, Ergonomic Design With rounded edges and a case that is only 17 mm (0.7”) thick, the HI98107 is thin and fits comfortably in the hand or pocket
- Large Multi-level LCD The LCD is 29 mm (1.125”) x 20 mm (0.81”) allowing the user to easily read both the pH and temperature simultaneously
- Two-button Operation One for ON/OFF, the other for calibration
- Integrated Temperature Sensor Built in temperature sensor allows for temperature compensated measurements. Temperature can be displayed in either C or F
- Automatic Calibration Automatic calibration to one or two points using standard buffers (pH 4.01, 7.01 and 10.01)
- Stability Indicator A clock tag stability indicator will disappear to alert the user when the reading is stable
- Automatic Shut-off User-selectable time until meter shuts off to conserve battery life. Options are 8 min, 60 min or disabled
- Low Battery Indicator Low battery indicator that is displayed when less than 10% battery life is remaining
- Battery Level at StartupAt start-up, all the LCD segments are displayed for 1 second, then the percent indication of the remaining battery life is displayed
The HI98107 is supplied with protective cap, pH 4.01 buffer sachet, pH 7.01 buffer sachet (2), electrode cleaning sachet, CR2032 battery, instrument quality certificate and instructional manual
pH Range 0.0 to 14.0 pH pH Resolution 0.1 pH pH Accuracy +/- 0.1 pH Temperature Range 32-122F / 0.0-50C Temperature Resolution 0.1 Degree (C or F) Temperature Accuracy +/- 1F / 0.5C pH Calibration Automatic, 1 or 2 points Temperature Compensation Automatic from 32-122F / 0-50C Battery Type CR2032 3V Li-Ion, 800 Hours of Use Auto-Off 8 Minutes, 60 Minutes Environment 32-122F / 0-50C, RH Max 100%
- Tech Specs
Brand Hanna Instruments SKU HI98107 Weight (lb.) 0.28 Height (in.) 1.4 Prop 65 No Lead Time Ships in 1-2 Days Length (in.) 8.3 Width (in.) 2.7 Warranty 1 Year UPC 756806481368 UL Listed No
Hanna Instruments pHep Tester Videos