- Exact Watts
- Optimized For DE Bulbs
Growlite Product Documents
Growlite's 1000/600/400 Watt Digital Dimmable Grow Light Ballast
- Compatible with both Metal Halide (MH) and High Pressure Sodium (HPS) Bulbs
- Switchable wattage settings (400W-600W-1000W-Lumen+115%)
- Delayed ignition extends lamp life
- Built-in fan for cooling
- 15' power cord included
- UL listed for safety
- 120VAC ~ 277VAC input
- Light-weight and compact design
- Higher lumen output than magnetic ballasts
- 3 Year Guaranteed Warranty
- Rated Voltage: AC120-277VAC
- Input Frequency: 50/60Hz
- Ambient operating temperature (TA): -40 F ~ 122 F
- Crest Factor (CF): <1.7
- Power Factor (PF): 99%
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <10%
- Current draw: 8.7A @ 120VAC or 3.7A @ 277VAC
- Dimensions 15.75"L x 4.53"W x 2.95"H
- Weight 8.82 lbs
- Item No. GLB-1000-D
All Growlite ballasts are tested before being packed!
- Exact Watts
- Tech Specs
Brand Growlite SKU GLB-1000-D-120/277 Weight (lb.) 8.82 Length (in.) 15.75 Width (in.) 4.53 Height (in.) 2.95 Warranty Yes Prop 65 No UL Listed No Ballast Type Digital Ballast Optimized For DE Bulbs No Dimmable Function Yes Exact Watts 1000 Watts Frequency 50-60 Hz Voltage 120/240 Volt Power Cord Length 15'
- Product Q&A
Growlite 1000 Watt Switchable Slim MH/HPS Digital Ballast, 120/240 Volt Questions & Answers
How does Growlite avoid acoustic resonance?
Two solutions to avoid acoustic resonance:
A. Apply higher frequency (i.e. above 60KHz, below this would probably cause acoustic resonance)
B. Apply low frequency (i.e. below 400Hz growlite ballasts run between 70-100 KHz.)
Why is the Growlite ballast square?
Large amount of tests have proven that square ballasts are most effective for heat dissipation.
Why is the Growlite ballast case potentially higher in external heat than other ballasts?
The cooling fin of the Growlite ballast is lower and smaller than the leading brands. Case temperature will be a little higher accordingly, but the temperature inside the Growlite ballast is actually lower. This will extend the ballast life beyond most other major brands
Can you use a 600 watt lamp with the 1000 watt dimmable ballast?
We recommend using 1000W lamps only for the 1000W ballast instead of the 600 watt lamps. This is because the voltage for 600W and 1000W lamps are different. Usually the lamp voltage for 600W lamps is around 100V, and the lamp voltage for 1000W is around 200V.
Are Growlite ballasts more efficient than other leading brands?
Yes, the efficiency of Growlite ballasts is about 90-91%. Other brands usually have 89-90% efficiency. For example, the output power of 1000W from other leading brands is about 980W, while the ouput power for Growlite is 996-1000W for the 1000W ballast.
When dimming a Growlite ballast why is the dimming not easily seen with the “naked eye”?
1. Growlite ballasts use higher grade MCO to control the dimming gradually, which will increase the lamp life. When using a lux meter, the increase or decrease of the lumen output can be read.
2. When dimming ballasts made by other major brands, there is often a sudden surge of brightness before dimming to a lower lumen level. This process is damaging to the lamp life and the integrity of the ballast.
Can Growlite ballasts ignite dual arc lamps?