- Coverage Area
Veg: 6' x 6'; Flower: 3' x 3'
- Exact Watts
- LED Light Spectrum
- Est. Electricity Cost /mo
The Best Just Got Better! California LightWorks is Proud to Introduce Their Next Generation of LED Grow Lights!
- Key Improvements to the NEW California LightWorks SolarStorm:
- NEW Super High Flux 5W LED Diodes
- MORE LEDs per unit
- NEW High Efficiency Universal Voltage Drivers
- Features of the NEW Super High Flux 5W LEDs:
- Latest high efficiency diodes
- High quality ceramic substrates
- Jewel quality glass primary optics
- Results in 10-15% more light while using the same amount of power
- 10% MORE LEDs per Unit:
- SolarStorm 400 is now the SolarStorm 440 - 88 LEDs instead of 80
- SolarStorm 800 is now the SolarStorm 880 - 176 LEDs instead of 160
- NEW High Efficiency Drivers:
- Brand NEW proprietary design provides a constant current driver
- Now over 90% efficiency
- Little or no increase in total power
- Power usage by additional LED count is neutralized by higher efficiency
- Universal Voltage: 90-277VAC
- High quality, in-house manufacturing
The Result? 25% more PAR light output with no increase in power usage.
Your Plants & Your Wallet Will Love the NEW SolarStorm!
California LightWorks: High Potency LED Grow Light Technology Light Emitting Diode (LED) technology is the wave of the future. It is rapidly replacing traditional lighting in every application from street lights to warehouse lights to automotive lights. LED based grow lights can significantly outperform HID and fluorescent lights in indoor horticulture. Working with hundreds of growers across the country, California LightWorks designs and manufactures products in the USA that work! The maximum intensity 5W diodes combined with OptiGrow technology target the parts of the light spectrum where absorption by plants is highest, at high levels of intensity. The result is superior quality, higher potency yield and lower power consumption.
- SolarStorm 440W Features:
- One of the highest power LED grow lights in the industry
- 5W High Quality LED emitters for deep penetration into the canopy
- OptiGrow Spectrum design to deliver high quality yield
- Built-in T8 fluorescent lights for UVB to boost crop potency
- OptiGrow Spectrum:
- Veg Mode: High levels of blue and deep blue balanced with red and deep red delivers massive vegetative growth without stretching
- Bloom Mode: Intense levels of red and deep red balanced with blue and deep blue delivers enhanced bloom with excellent crop quality
- UVB: For the finishing phase to deliver a further boost in crop potency
- Switchable option built in
- Enclosure Features:
- Highly efficient heat management via 92mm integrated fans and large heat sinks
- Durable power coated 6063 aluminum and sheet metal construction with a sealed electronics section
- Fully integrated, high efficiency, constant mode power supplies
- Large 18in x 18in LED panel area for improved, more uniform light spread
NOTE: The SolarFlare 440w is designed to cover up to a 3' x 3' area for bloom. To get a good spread, you want to position the light approximately 16" - 24" above your canopy.
- Operating Voltage: 90 - 277V. 50/60Hz
- 15" x 18" x 5" (LxWxH)
- Recommended Coverage Area:
Bloom: 16" - 24" distance, Up to 3x3
Veg: Up to 5' above plants, Up to 6x6
- LED Expected Life Span: 80,000+ Hours
- Operating Temperature: -15 to 40 (C) or 5 to 104 (F)
- Operating Position: Light Facing Down
- 100% Made in California!
- 3 Year warranty
- Coverage Area
- Tech Specs
Brand California Lightworks SKU CLW-SS-440 Weight (lb.) 18 Prop 65 No Length (in.) 15 Width (in.) 18 Height (in.) 5 Warranty 3 Year Lead Time Ships In 2-4 Days UPC 76625468457 UL Listed No Lighting Type LED LED Light Spectrum Full Spectrum LED Fixture Type Panel Est. Electricity Cost /mo $15.12 Exact Watts 350 Watts HID Equivalent 600 Watts Coverage Area Veg: 6' x 6'; Flower: 3' x 3' Suggested Hanging Height Veg: up to 5' ; Bloom 16'' - 24'' LED Diode Type 144 x 5w Diodes Daisy Chain No Voltage 120/240 Volt Amps 3.9A @ 120V ; 1.95A @ 240V Frequency 50/60 Hz Power Cord(s) Included 120 Volt Power Cord Length 6 ft.
California Lightworks SolarStorm 440W LED Grow Light with UVB Videos►
- Product Q&A
California Lightworks SolarStorm 440W LED Grow Light with UVB Questions & Answers
- HOW MANY WATTS IS THE SOLARSTORM 440W GROW LIGHT? It features 88 high power 5 watt LED emitter for a total nominal power of 440 watts (88 x 5). Actual power draw depends on which mode the unit is in: In Veg mode, the unit consumes around 235W. In Bloom mode, the unit consumes around 320W. In Bloom mode with the UVB T8 bulbs turned on, around 350W.
- DO I NEED A BALLAST WITH SOLARSTORM OR SOLARFLARE? SolarStorm and SolarFlare LED grow lights are equipped with built-in power supplies and require no additional ballasts. The installation takes a couple of minutes; just hang, plug in and you’re done. SolarFlares even provide the additional daisy chaining benefit when using the piggy back cord further simplifying installation by allowing up to 8 SolarFlare units to use the same power outlet and timer.
- DO I NEED TO COOL SOLARSTORM OR SOLARFLARE WITH A FAN OR AIR CONDITIONING? In most setups SolarStorm and SolarFlare LED grow lights should require no additional cooling. In rare occasions, depending on room configuration and number of units running in a confined space, some venting may be needed to keep the grow room temperature within acceptable range.
- WHAT GROW SPACE WILL SOLARFLARE AND SOLARSTORM UNITS COVER RESPECTIVELY? The SolarFlare is designed to cover a 3X3 grow area, similar to a 400 watt HPS light. The SolarStorm covers up to a 5X5 space (4X4 is recommended for flowering) similar to a 1000 watt HPS light.
- HOW MANY WATTS IS THIS EQUAL TO VS OTHER TYPES OF LIGHTS? LEDs produce roughly four times as much plant usable light per watt as compared to traditional grow lights. Many LED suppliers argue that a 200 watt LED is equal to 800 watts of traditional grow light power. However, a more realistic rule-of-thumb ratio of 1:2.
- SHOULD I HAVE THE UVB ON ALL THE TIME? UVB has proven very effective in the last four weeks of flowering.
- HOW DO I INSTALL THE SOLARSTORM? SolarStorm and SolarFlare LEDs require no special ducting, cooling or electric wiring. The can hang from secure ceiling hooks screwed into a stud. Just plug into a normal 120 volt outlet and start growing.
- WHAT IS A HEAT SINK?
Heat sinks are used in optoelectronics such as lasers and light emitting diodes (LEDs), where the heat dissipation ability of the basic device is insufficient to moderate its temperature. A heat sink is designed to maximize the surface area in contact with the cooling medium surrounding it, such as the air. Because CALW heat sinks are extra large, the LED runs nice and cool.
- WHO IS CALIFORNIA LIGHTWORKS? We are a US based manufacturing firm focused on research, design, development and manufacturing of advanced, energy efficient greenhouse lighting and automation equipment. The vision of our company is to apply the latest advances in high efficiency lighting and controls technology as well as effective manufacturing techniques to deliver highly differentiated products with clear benefits at competitive prices to the greenhouse and indoor horticulture markets. We are proud to be manufacturing in the United States and make a conscious effort to only work with US based vendors whenever possible.
Customer Reviews 5 item(s)
- Too cool
- I use a solar system 550 and am happy with the unit. The light runs very quiet and cool, so cool that I thought my thermometer had malfunctioned.
- At the end of my first grow with this light and all I can say is awesome! My plants love being anywhere near it. I have made three major purchase with hydrobuilder in the last few months, bought my whole grow room setup from them, and have not been disappointed once! Fast service & knowledgeable staff willing to work with you on what ever you need. Just remember LED is the future!
- Ouch! LED
- Bought a 2nd LED light.....well, I have a assembly screw bouncing around inside the unit, nice, and the plastic light cover was not installed and seated properly. I do like the lights, however, not really sure if I will purchase another one. One would think that as expensive as these units are, they would have a better assembly Quality Assurance. Was impressed with the 1st light not so much now.....Ouch!
- Never used a led before , unreal don't even think twice.
- I did a lot of research before buying one, I made the right decision . My plants love it. Its very quite , runs COOL .and its built great, it was not in the packing box and it slid off my truck hit the ground the light never broke, works fine my truck has a few deep scrapes in it. UNREAL finally something made right.
- Fortunately, I can afford it
- Using it in place of fluorescent grow lights for the first time. It's a very expensive piece of equipment but, in our situation, where we have to have garden plants ready for late season transplant to the garden, a near necessity.
Have not used the blossom stage setting. Tomatoes and peppers are ahead of starts planted from seed in prior years.
Price seems like a throwback to early LED prices. Should come down.