- Coverage Area
Veg: 5' x 5'; Flower: 4' x 4'
- Exact Watts
- LED Light Spectrum
- Est. Electricity Cost /mo
90 Day Full / 3 Year Limited
KIND Product Documents
The Future of Indoor Gardening Has Arrived. The K5 - XL750 LED Grow Light: Replaces 750w Traditional Grow Light!
The innovative XL750 LED Grow Light is part of the K5 series, along with the XL1000 from KIND LED. The KIND K5 XL750 will cover a 4' x 4' footprint in bloom while only using 430 watts and emits virtually no heat. The XL750 will significantly increase yields while running cool and saving on electricity costs. The Kind LED K5 XL750 features a proprietary, 12-band, complete, perfect spectrum, which includes infrared and ultraviolet diodes. The Kind K5 XL750 comes with the perfect mix of 3W and 5W diodes that emit the true footprint equivalents of a 750 watt HPS light. The XL750 includes awesome features like a built in timer, fully adjustable spectrum, 8 Stage 'Mother Earth' Timing Function (sunrise/sunset feature) that slowly wakes up your plants in the morning and gently dims the light down before shutting off at night, which is designed to mimic mother nature. With all the great benefits the XL750 offers it has quickly become one of the top selling LEDs on Hydrobuilder.com and will be a game changer in any garden.
After years of rigorous research and development, the KIND LED Grow Light is complete, and it is one of a KIND. The K5 Series is comprised of the perfect mix of 3 & 5 Watt Light Emitting Diodes. Each of the three primary ranges of the photosynthetic spectrum can be dimmed and intensified individually to give your plants their ideal spectral ratios from seed straight through to harvest.
The K5 Series boasts an extra large footprint that dwarfs those of competing LEDs and now even equals that of traditional grow lighting. The Secondary Optical Lenses individually focus and intensify the output of every single diode, significantly magnifying PAR and increasing canopy penetration. This revolutionary series of LED grow lights will produce the biggest and best yields, while consuming approximately half the electricity and producing a fraction of the heat of HID lighting.
Your Kind K5 will cultivate record breaking yields, both in quantity and quality, while running quieter, cooler, and more efficiently than any other grow light. Guaranteed.
A Little KINDness Goes A Long Way
- KINDEST YIELDS - Perfect Mix of 3 & 5 Watt Diodes Increases Overall Efficiency and Intensity, Resulting in Huge Yields.
- KINDEST DIMMABLE SPECTRUM - Full Spectrum Control Allows Digital Tuning of Spectrum to Match Any Plant Type at Any Stage of Growth, Veg or Flower.
- KINDEST FOOTPRINT - Largest Footprint of Any LED in the Industry, Now Matching That of its HPS Counterpart
- KINDEST INTENSITY - Secondary Optical Lens Magnifies PAR and Increases Canopy Penetration By Up to 200%
- Dimensions: 23″ x 17″ x 3.5″
- Weight: 28 lbs.v
- Actual Wattage: 430w
- HID Wattage Equivalent: 750w.
- Total Diodes: 208
- Diodes Wattage: Perfect Mix of 3w & 5w
- Footprint: 4' x 4'
- Input Voltage: 100-240V AC Power Input
- Output Voltage: UL Standard Output Voltage – Less than 76V DC
- Amperage: 3.58
- Kind Factor: 10/10
KIND K5 - XL750 Specifications:
Why are the Kind K5 series XL750's the Best LED Grow Lights?
Extra Large Footprint solves one of the main problems that LED lights have faced in the past. Because of historically small footprints, due to small circuit board construction, LED lights have always failed to deliver the finished harvest weights promised in comparison to their said HPS counterparts. Truly lit square footage of canopy space is a very crucial component to overall harvest weight. Kind LED features high quality diodes intensified with secondary optical lenses and spread over an extra large housing, now providing true footprint replacements for 750w and 1000w HPS. Finally, with Kind LED, harvest weights are true to spec.
Fully Customizable Spectrum allows the user to not only adjust the spectrum to match vegetative and flowering stages of their plants, but also allows for specific spectrum control for nearly any type of plant genus in applications such as greenhouse growing and in agriculture operations where crop rotation, or crop zoning, is common.
Internal Timing Function of the K5 series lights allows for more streamline setups where the user can do away with separate analog or digital timers that can be bulky and extremely unreliable. Now, all light cycles are programmed and changed from a convenient remote.
8 Stage 'Mother Earth' Timing Function allows user to mimic the great outdoors like never before seen in indoor growing, slowly waking your plants up in the morning and seeing them to bed every night. 8 separately set stages allow for light to gently turn on in the morning (sunrise), intensify into full power (full day sun), then gently turn off in the evening (sunset). Each of these stages can be set to the users desired duration and desired spectrum intensities.
Perfect Mix of 3 Watt and 5 Watt Diodes create the ideal amount of usable light for lush, healthy, huge plants. 5 watt LED diodes are awesome. They emit an intense amount of light and have the ability to penetrate the plants canopy like no other. But, too many 5 watt LED chips, and a light can run too hot, doing away with one of the main benefits of LED lights. The K5 series lights have the best of both worlds. The sweet spot efficiency of the 3 watt LED chips, mixed with the harvest boosting power of the 5 watt LED chips.
True to Spec Harvest Expectations: When KIND say's their XL1000 replaces a 1000 HPS, they mean it. In order to be a reputable company, one must not make false claims that their product cant support. Lets face it, no LED light that only draws 350 watts is going to replace a 1000 watt HPS, period. KING LED has found, through extensive testing and research, that a 40-50% savings in electricity is what you can expect from their lights. Our 1000 watt equivalent light draws about 630 watts or 63% of what a 1000 watt HPS would typically pull. But thats just the light!! Add up all the other savings in equipment needed for heat management in a traditional HPS room, and the energy savings are even more remarkable.
All Functions of the K5 Series Are Run From a Convenient Remote. The people over at KIND LED are still scratching their heads as to how most LED companies think people are able to flip an analog switch or knob to control spectrum or switch between modes on their lights when they are in the middle of a grow and their light(s) are hanging above a huge canopy of delicate plants!!! The K5 lights are fully controlled from a convenient handheld remote. Control 1 or 100 simultaneously from one small device.
PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) Dimming: Some lights use archaic methods of dimming that only lessen the brightness of the light being emitted, while still pulling the same amount of energy out of the wall. PWM dimming allows the light to only consume as much power as it needs to drive the diodes at their set level of brightness.
New Kind LED lighting technology represents a great many advantages over traditional HID growing lights.
Kind LED growers will be able to simplify their grow rooms, save on electrical consumption, keep their rooms cooler, and perhaps most importantly, experience a marked increase in the quality of their fruits, flowers, and vegetables. While HPS lights may produce more lumens than an LED light, much of that output is wasted energy that merely serves to raise the temperature in your grow room and consume great amounts of electricity. The reason for this is due to the fact that much of the light produced by an HPS occurs outside of the photosynthetic range. In addition, much of the spectrum produced by an HPS light cannot be utilized by your developing plants, as plants have specific needs and absorption rates for various wavelengths of the color spectrum that occur within the usable photosynthetic range. Because the individual diodes of a Kind LED light are set to a specific color and in a specific proportion, we are able to emit the exact spectrum that a developing plant would need to thrive, with little to no waste. The 12 band complete spectrum is designed to perfectly match the growth needs of your plants.
Controlling the temperature of grow rooms has always been the biggest struggle that most growers face in creating an ideal grow environment. HPS bulbs can reach 750 degrees on the surface, and if not controlled properly with expensive equipment, can lead to a host of issues including stunted plants, wispy flowers, and rapid drying of medium, which would result in root mass loss, nutrient deficiency or toxicity, and even entire crop failure. Kind LED lights run cool, so cool in fact that no additional temperature control equipment is needed besides the internal circulation fans. Lower light temperatures lead to a much more easily maintained ideal grow environment in which your plants would thrive. Cooler temperatures also save on water and expensive nutrients that evaporate in high temp rooms. Cooler root zones create larger, healthier root balls, which will ultimately lead to larger yields. In addition, oil production on plants is unharmed by lower temps, whereas high temperatures from HPS lighting degrade oils, sometimes stripping them completely from the tops of fruits and flowers. Keeping the plants natural flowering oils intact will lead to much better tasting and smelling fruits and flowers.
Kind LED Grow Light Bulbs vs. other similar LED companies: These K5 Kind LED lights will match or outperform any other similar 5 watt setup that is seen often throughout the web, regardless of price or claims. Kind LED Grow Lights are truly one of a KIND. A single Kind K5 Series LED Grow Light Eliminates the need for ALL of the following:
- Costly Metal Halide (MH) Vegetation Lighting
- Heat Producing High Pressure Sodium (HPS) Flowering Lighting
- Expensive Ballasts
- Noisy Inline Fans Used to Cool Traditional "Hot Running" HID Lighting
- Air Conditioning to Bring Down Excessive Heat
- Water Chillers to Cool Down Boiling Reservoir Temperatures
- Ducting & Extra Timers
LED Cost Savings
Cost Effective Growing - Cost savings are important to everybody and LED lights provide many areas in which to save you precious dollars. Let’s talk about energy savings. Due to the fact that watt for watt LED's run at about 30% less electricity than HIDs, the savings on electricity, especially on tiered plans, can be huge!
- Coverage Area
- Tech Specs
Brand KIND SKU XL750 Weight (lb.) 28 Prop 65 No Length (in.) 23 Width (in.) 17 Height (in.) 3.5 Warranty 90 Day Full / 3 Year Limited Lead Time Ships in 3-5 Days UPC 29882816264 UL Listed Yes Lighting Type LED LED Light Spectrum Full Spectrum LED Fixture Type Panel Est. Electricity Cost /mo $18.58 Exact Watts 430 Watts HID Equivalent 750 Watts Coverage Area Veg: 5' x 5'; Flower: 4' x 4' Suggested Hanging Height Veg: 3'-4' ; Bloom: 2.5'-3' LED Diode Type 208 x Mix of 3w and 5w Diodes Daisy Chain No Voltage 120/240 Volt Amps 3.58A @ 120V ; 1.70 @ 240V Frequency 50/60 Hz Power Cord(s) Included 120 Volt Power Cord Length 8 ft.
- Product Q&A
KIND K5 XL750 430 Watt LED Grow Light Questions & Answers
How close should my light be to the top of my plant canopy?
Due to the massive amount of light that Kind LED lights emit, the recommended hanging height above your plants is 30-36”. Some high light use strains will be able to tolerate closer hanging heights, but we recommended that the light not be set closer than 24”.
Can I transfer plants from HPS or Fluorescents straight to my new Kind LED?
You most certainly can, but due to the fact that LED lights put out a very different type of light, it will take a few days for your plants to adjust to the new light. During the first few days, you may experience some bleaching on the uppermost leaves of your plant. This can be minimized by hanging the light 48” away from your plants for the first 3-7 days until they are used to the new light.
How can I find my light’s sweet spot in terms of hanging height above the canopy?
We suggest starting with the light at 48” for the first 3-7 days. After this initial break in period, the light can be lowered down, 6” at a time, until you reach 30”. If any discoloration or twisting happens on the leaves, raise the light back up 6”. This should be the height you maintain through the plant’s life cycle.
Can your lights run on 240v?
Yes! Kind LED lights can run safely on voltages ranging from 110v all the way up to 277v. The cord will need to be changed out to accommodate the different voltages, but this will be all you need!
I’ve heard LEDs require slightly higher room temps, is this true?
Yes, due to the fact that LEDs have much less radiant heat coming from the light, the surface temperatures on leaves under LED lights can be 10-15 degrees cooler than compared to HPS. This can cause transpiration rates and metabolic processes in the leaf to slow down. Raising ambient room temperatures up to 82-85 degrees will allow the plant to thrive in a perfect environment.
Customer Reviews 9 item(s)
- Lights work good timer not so much!
- I need to update my previous review. I have ran this light "750W K5" for 6 months now. The lighting system itself works fine. "The timer cannot be trusted." If you set the timer; anytime there is any power fluctuation at all the lights will come on. This is unacceptable especially when your plants are in their dark period. If you purchase these expensive lights you will need to put it on an external timer so you won't have to worry about them coming on in the middle of the night. Very upset with the internal timer on this product.
- Great light..horrible process to set timer.
- Am using KIND 750 right next to a California Lightworks 880 and it kicks Cal LW's ass..plants color and growth is better with the KIND. I would give it a 5 star rating if it were not for the difficult timer-setting process. It also seems to produce less heat than the Cal LW 880.
It is packed such, that 2-people are needed to remove from box and to hang.
- Nice Lights, Terrible Timer
- These lights are great, but the timer function is a nightmare. I have reset the timer several times due to malfunction. The light timer resets itself to previous setting, must be adjusted twice on all settings. A real pain and a potential problem come flower time. A little disappointed.
- Worth it!
- There is a learning curve as it relates to intensity and distance but this light is doing a great job on my crop!!!!
- These lights are fantastic! Highly recommended.
- So far meets and exceeds all expectations! Very cool light! Thank you Kind and Hydrobuilder and also Green Thumb Nursery for turning me onto them!
- The Best
- I can't believe the High amount of Tricome prodution, my overall quantity decreased but the QUALITY has Skyrocketed up. 2 hit wonder now, Thanks for the K5 600 and K5 750, my local store Sweet Greens now carries the KIND Line now after my recommendations. 10 thumbs up bro. Have a Great one, and Thanks KIND Industries, Excellent products. Tim K.
- Kind LED K5 750
- WOW,I see why they give you a 90 day return on this light if you are not happy with it. Because this light is Bad Ass.
- Sleek design
- We have found the Kind LED K5 operates as advertised, has a sleek design, is easy to use, runs cool and draws less power than the HPS 1000w units. The timer function is very convenient eliminating the need for us to use our own timers.
~ originally posted on kindledgrowlights .com