- Coverage Area
Veg: 5.25' x 5.25'; Flower: 4.25' x 4.25'
- Exact Watts
- LED Light Spectrum
- Total PPF Output
- PAR Efficiency
- LED Diode Type
Osram & Cree Top Bin Diodes
- Power Cord(s) Included
- Est. Electricity Cost /mo
The Black Dog PhytoMAX 2 400 led grow lights pull just 420 actual watts while delivering an incredible 641 μMol/s total photon flux
This patent-pending LED grow light perfect for smaller grows that still demand the best in terms of power, efficiency, and most importantly, harvest results.
The PhytoMAX-2 series is renowned as the best in the industry, delivering the most powerful, reliable, truly full spectrum lighting solution to your grow. The PhytoMAX-2 400 implements only the best top-bin LED diodes to comprise it's spectrum, leading to the most impressive growth you've ever seen. You'll experience an increase in yield, flavor and aroma, potency, and appearance - along with a reduction in energy costs, HVAC requirements, and replacement bulbs.
One thing can be said about all great products from the beginning of time, they evolve to be better. Black Dog LED knows this to be true, and that is why the set out to create the best LED grow light on the market. After years of research and testing they were able to incorporate the newest advances like their Phyto-Genesis Spectrum which has outperformed HPS, MH, CMH (LEC), induction, fluorescent, and "white" LEDs in equal wattage tests. Read below for more information.
PhytoMAX-2 400 LED grow light panels better penetrate dense canopies to produce a superior yield with higher quality flowers and more potency
What's in the box?
- (x1) PhytoMAX-2 400 LED growlight!
- (x1) 8-foot, 14 gauge 120V North American outlet (NEMA 5-15) power cord
- (x1) pair commercial LED hanger clips
- (x1) pair Heavy Duty Ratcheting Light Hangers
Fast & Proven ROI! With a 6-12 month average return on investment, PhytoMAX is the best value per watt of any commercial LED grow light. Assuming a harvest every 10 weeks, the Black Dog LED light will pay off the cost difference between it and an old-fashioned HID light in less than 5 months. This is even faster than through increased yield alone! And, when you combine both quality and yield, Black Dog LED lights become much more affordable than traditional HIDs.
Features of the Black Dog PhytoMAX-2
- ETL certified to UL safety standards
- Unique no-glass design delivers up to 8% more light to your plants
- The best active heat management in the industry, crucial to maximizing LED efficiency, life, and spectrum stability
- Largest heat sink among commercial LED grow lights for superior cooling and increased LED life
- Whisper-quiet, long-life fans: 70,000+ hour rated lifespan
The Black Dog PhytoMAX 2 400 LED Grow Lights Implement The Patent Pending Phyto-Genesis Spectrum
The Phyto-Genesis Spectrum in each PhytoMAX-2 light is ideal for both vegetative and flowering growth ; only the largest recommended footprint size differs between stages, due to the different daily periods of illumination. You can use the flowering footprint sizes for vegetative growth, although you may need to increase fertilizer and CO2 to make full use of the extra light.
- Black Dog LED features one ideal spectrum for both the vegetative and flowering phases which eliminates growth stalling also know as shock that is associated with changing the spectrum from MH to HPS (Veg to Flower). By using the same spectrum for vegetative and flowering cycles, Black Dog eliminates this shock, and have noticed a decrease in flower time (1-3 days) and a larger yield when the plant was grown for its entire life under one spectrum.
- True full spectrum ranging from UVA to NIR (365-750nm) for the ultimate vegetative and flowering cycles.
- Combines 15 different spectra to help grow healthier, higher-quality, more disease-resistant plants. Each included color targets specific phytoreceptors / photopigments in plants to maximize growth, robustness and quality.
- Targets not only photosynthetic (chlorophyll / carotenoid) peaks but also increases essential oil production, flavor, antioxidants / vitamins and pigmentation with UV light.
- Includes near infrared (NIR) light to boost photosynthetic efficiency through the Emerson Effect
The Black Dog PhytoMAX 2 400 LED Grow Lights Features The Largest PAR Footprint & True Wattage
- The PhytoMAX-2 400 uses 168 high output 5 watt diodes for high light intensity that is very crucial for canopy penetration, which is what some LED manufacturers are lacking in their products.
- The PAR footprint in the PhytoMAX is the most even coverage which eliminates leaf burn and hot spots.
- 420 True Watts - 840 LED Watts - The PhytoMAX-2 400 will outperform any other equal-wattage LED grow light on the market!
- Research has proven through the independent testing of a spectroradiometer (device designed to measure the spectral power distribution of a source) that the PhytoMAX has the largest footprint of any LED grow light.
- Replaces 400 Watts of HID (HPS/MH) - Produces a superior yield with higher quality flowers all while saving on electricity, cooling and bulb replacement.
Long-Life, Commercial Grade Components with New & Improved Cooling System:
- Largest heat sink in the industry for superior cooling and increased LED life over other LED brands even under extreme conditions of a grow room. PhytoMAX uses larger housings that provide better thermal dissipation to maximize the useful life of the light. Cheaper LED grow lights often skimp on heat management, causing their LED's to degrade and burn out faster.
- Uses ultra quiet & reliable long-life fans.
- The best active heat management in the industry, crucial to maximizing LED life and spectrum stability.
Check out the other Black Dog PhytoMAX-2 LED products below.
Black Dog LED's patent-pending PhytoMAX-2 series of LED indoor grow lights builds on more than 6 years of experience with indoor garden lighting, incorporating numerous technological and engineering advancements to deliver unprecedented PAR levels and efficiency to maximize growth.
A team of engineers and plant scientists spent months of design, testing, and refinement to create PhytoMAX-2. Once again, Black Dog LED has set the highest standard in grow light technology with the PhytoMAX-2 series of LED indoor grow lights. ot only does Black Dog LED have the highest PAR values, largest footprints, and most reliable indoor LED grow lights available in the grow light industry, but all Black Dog LED lights (including the new PhytoMAX-2 Series) come with a 90 day, no-hassle return policy!
- Black Dog PhytoMAX-2 200 Watt LED Grow Light Fixture - Veg Footprint 3.75' x 3.75' / Bloom Footprint 3' x 3'
- Black Dog PhytoMAX-2 600 Watt LED Grow Light Fixture - Veg Footprint 6' x 6' / Bloom Footprint 4.25' x 4.25'
- Black Dog PhytoMAX-2 800 Watt LED Grow Light Fixture - Veg Footprint 7' x 7' / Bloom Footprint 5' x 5'
- Black Dog PhytoMAX-2 1000 Watt LED Grow Light Fixture - Veg Footprint 7' x 7' / Bloom Footprint 5' x 5'
Specifications for the Phytomax-2 400
Flowering Footprint 3' x 3' Vegatative Footprint 5.25' x 5.25' True Wattage 420 Watts LED Wattage 840 Watts Number of LEDs 168 Amp Draw 3.5A~1.8A (@ 120/240V) Voltage 100-250V - 50/60 Hz Operation Temperature Range -4~104F BTU 1432 Cord Length 8 ft. Product Dimensions 15.75" x 15.75" x 5" Weight 24lb (10.9kg) Shipping Size 24" x 24" x 12" Shipping Weight (lb.) 27.00
- Coverage Area
- Tech Specs
Brand Black Dog SKU PM-2-400 Weight (lb.) 24 Prop 65 No Length (in.) 24 Width (in.) 24 Height (in.) 12 Warranty 5 Years Lead Time Due to back-order, this product begin shipping near the end of April UPC 606345044589 Lighting Type LED LED Light Spectrum Full Spectrum LED Fixture Type Panel Est. Electricity Cost /mo $18.14 Exact Watts 420 Watts HID Equivalent 600 Watts Suggested Hanging Height Veg: 38'' ; Bloom: 30'' LED Diode Type Osram & Cree Top Bin Diodes PAR Efficiency 1.4 μmol/j Total PPF Output 594 μmol/s Power Factor > 0.98 Daisy Chain No Voltage 120/240 Volts Amps 3.5A @ 120V ; 1.8A @ 240V Frequency 50/60 Hz Power Cord(s) Included 120 Volt Power Cord Length 8 ft. Coverage Area Veg: 5.25' x 5.25'; Flower: 4.25' x 4.25' Grow Light Certifications ETL Listed, UL Listed UL Listed Yes
Black Dog PhytoMAX-2 400 Watt LED Grow Light Fixture Reviews
- Switched from kind LED lights to black dog much happier with the black dog lights
So far so good and my girls are looking good , I would definitely recommend the black dog LED lights and the Smart pots
- Worth it
Switch over to this light in mid veg and my girls exploded with growth!
I'm 3 weeks into flower now and my girl are setting tight buds.
Would buy again.
- Great product
No complaints. Would purchase again.