- Coverage Area
Veg: 5' x 5'; Flower: 4' x 4'
- Exact Watts
- LED Light Spectrum
- Est. Electricity Cost /mo
Covert Product Documents
The ALL-NEW Covert LED-X Series Grow Lights Now Available From Hydrobuilder.com!
With only 250 watts pulled from the wall, the all-new Covert LED-X series grow light provides a complete full spectrum ideal for the vegetative stage through the flowering phase, resulting in increased crop quality and yields over similar wattage LED's on the market. The design of these fixtures allow light to be spread throughout the entire footprint more evenly, reducing hotspots and delivering uniform levels of photosynthesis flux density, or PPFD.
The 250 watt Covert LED-X is designed to cover a vegetative footprint of up to 5' x 5' and 4' x 4' in flower. These low profile, lightweight fixtures are perfect for grow tents or smaller grows. For a larger coverage area and higher PPF output, check out the big sister of the 250W LED-X, the Covert 500 Watt LED-X Grow Light. All Covert LED-X Series lights are controllable with the optional Covert Lighting Controller (sold separately).
Covert LED-X Features and Benefits
- Balanced Spectrum For Full-Cycle Growing
- Low Energy Use & Virtually No Heat Output
- Increased Yield & Crop Quality
- Simple Plug-and-Play Set-Up & Use
- Great For 2' x 4' & 3' x 3', 4' x 4' Grow Tents
- Compatible with the Covert Master Lighting Controller
- Control Up To 100 Fixtures with a Single Controller
- Dimmable Down To 0% With The Covert Master Controller
- Fixture Design Provides Better Light Uniformity & Heat Dissipation Over Traditional Panel LED's
The Covert LED-X series features a perfect blend of both full-spectrum white LED diodes and far-red LED diodes. This results in the perfect spectrum for all phases of growth.
The mix of white and red LEDs result in a relatively high ratio of bluish light. Blue light keeps your crop tight and compact in the vegetative stage and adds to optimal morphogenesis and light uptake by the plant. It maintains the photosynthetic system of the plant, which can shorten your flowering time. Blue light also signals stomatal opening during the light-on period.
The spread of red LEDs throughout the open 4-bar fixture ensures a uniformly mixed spectrum on your plants at short distances. The far-red LED's help encourage stem growth, blooming/flowering and bud production.
The perfect full-spectrum light output is a great match for grow tent growing. This LED is super easy to use in a grow tent kit, all you have to do is set the on and off times (16/8 for veg & 12/12 for flower) and lets your plant fluorish. No changing bulbs, no maintenence, no worries. Want a ready-to-grow tent kit with the 250 watt Covert LED-X? View our selection of Covert LED-X tent kits here.
Even Coverage & PAR Distribution
The unique 4-bar configuration gives you the ability to mount this LED in rooms with low ceilings, on vertical growing racks, over grow benches and especially in grow tents. For the ideal uniformity, hang the fixture about 12" inches from the crop.
This new multi-bar LED fixture type is quickly becoming the new standard, due to the even light spread over the canopy, while easily dispersing heat from the open style bar fixture.
Output and Efficiency
Operating at only 250 watts with an output of 525 µmol s-1, this LED achieves an efficiency of 2.1 µmol s-1 per watt. Four passively cooled LED bars provide great light coverage with no fans or moving parts, reducing the chance of failure compared to other LED fixtures with built-in fans.
The high fixture efficiency of 2.1 μmol s-1 per Watt enables you to finally leap ahead in reducing your HVAC requirements compared to HPS/MH lighting. The high efficiency but low powered LED configuration with 4 LED bars spread out reduces the temperature of the LEDs, increasing the output and improving their light maintenance.
When using the optional Covert Lighting Controller you will bring your indoor garden to the next level with new-age automation, all at an affordable price for home, hobby and professional growers.
When the Covert LED-X series is paired with the Covert Master Lighting Controller you will be able to control up to 100 fixtures with the same controller. The Covert controller also features on/off times, high temp shut-off, dimming up to 100%, and controls up to 2 separate zones or rooms. Controller sold separately.
Covert LED-X 250 Watt Product Specifications
Light Source LED Spectrum Full-spectrum White with Enhanced Red (Seedling to Flower) PPF (light output) 525 μmol/s Input Power 250 Watts PAR Efficacy 2.1 μmol/s Coverage Area Veg: 5' x 5' - 4' x 4'; Flower: 4' x 4' - 3' x 3' HPS Equivalent 400 - 450 Watts Input Voltage Auto-sensing 100-277 Volt Fixture Dimensions | Weight 22" L x 23" W x 5" H | 16.5 lbs. Mounting Height ≥6" - 12" (15.2cm) Above Canopy Thermal Management Passive Dimming 0-10V (with Covert Controller) Light Distribution 120° Color Rendering Index 90ra Operating Temperature Rage -4°F to 185°F Lifetime 50,000 hrs Power Factor >90% Certifications UL8800 (Damp Location Rating), CE Warranty 3 Year Standard Warranty Amps 2A @ 120V, 1.15A @ 208V, 1A @ 240V, 0.87A @ 277V Power Cords Included Includes a 120 volt power cord. 240 volt & 277 volt power cord sold separately.
- Tech Specs
Brand Covert SKU CT-LEDX-250 Weight (lb.) 16.5 Prop 65 No Length (in.) 22 Width (in.) 23 Height (in.) 5 Warranty 3 Year UL Listed No Lighting Type LED LED Light Spectrum Full Spectrum LED Fixture Type Panel Est. Electricity Cost /mo $10.80 Exact Watts 250 Watts HID Equivalent 400 Watts Coverage Area Veg: 5' x 5'; Flower: 4' x 4' Suggested Hanging Height 6" - 12" Above Canopy PAR Efficiency 2.1 μmol/s Total PPF Output 525 μmol/s Power Factor >90% Daisy Chain Up to 100 Fixtures (with controller) Amps 2A @ 120V, 1.15A @ 208V, 1A @ 240V, 0.87A @ 277V Frequency 50/60hz Power Cord(s) Included 120 Volt Power Cord Power Cord Length 6 ft.
Covert LED-X 250 Watt Full-Spectrum LED Grow Light Videos►
Customer Reviews 3 item(s)
- Great light
- I got this on special for 399 and I think that is a good deal for that price. So far I have seen good growth in veg, and just filled to flower so I'm not sure about that yet. I decided to get the controller as well, which is neat because of the timing and auto-dimming for high temp or humidity. Going from HPS to this has made the biggest dent in my power bill and ist much easier to work under since its cool and the light is easy on my eyes compared to the blue/red leds I have had in the past.
- Way brighter and higher quality than I expected
- This thing is bright! Nice color that looks closer to the actual sun than some other blue/red LEDs I have had. This one is much easier to work under due to that and is not very hot at all. Right now I am just using it for veg, and plan on getting the 500 watt in my 5x5 for flower so i can do a perpetual harvest going. I'll leave another review for the flower results, but so far I'm pleased with my purchase, especially for the price
- Overall excellent product
- Finally decided to move from my older light setup to an LED setup. Hydrobuilder directed me to this light and I have to say I am very pleased. The light itself has provided excellent results in my tent and is super easy to use. I also got the master controller which I am using for the timer high heat and dimming etc. Good work!
- Coverage Area
Download Our App
Faster checkout, tracking notifications & more!