Sun System Product Documents
Choose your fixture voltage and lamp in the drop-down option above. The Sun System 315 Watt Diamond LEC Grow Light Fixture is available with a 120V, 208/240V, or 277V power supply and 3100K or 4200K color temperature lamp.
Sun System Diamond low profile LEC Brand 315 watt fixtures utilize cutting edge Light Emitting Ceramic brand technology that increases yields and decreases heat. These low profile fixtures make them perfect for grow tents or areas with low ceilings.
Light-emitting ceramic technology offers many benefits over traditional HID lighting, including reduced heat output, more optimal spectral range and reduced power usage. Read below to learn how you can save time, money and frustration while increasing yields with LEC lights from Sun System!
This fixture has 98% reflective German aluminum insert and 95% reflective textured corners for excellent output, uniformity and diffusion. Features a highly efficient agriculturally engineered Philips CDM-T 315 Watt LEC brand lamp (lamp included). Greatly improved full color light spectrum out of next generation ceramic lamps. Higher amounts of beneficial UV and far red spectrums increase the lamps growth power to the plants.
Color Temperature: 3100K or 4200K
3100K and 4200K CMH lamps both emit a spectrum capable for growing plants full-cycle (veg through flower). The 3100K lamp is biased towards the red wavelength (ideal for flowering), and the 4200K lamp is biased towards the blue wavelength (ideal for vegetative growth), however both offer a wide enough spectrum for the full-cycle of a plants life.
- Very high 1.95 PPF (photosynthetic photon flux) per second light source.
- 3100K or 4200K lamp choice. High 92 CRI, 33,000 initial lumens (105Lm/W).
- Long life 20,000 hour lamp.
- High 90% lumen maintenance @ 8000 hr. and 85% PPF maintenance @ 20,000 hr.
- Unique open rated lamp construction reduces radiant heat from the arc tube and is suitable for open fixture use.
- 50/60 Hz low frequency, square wave, highly efficient Philips electronic ballast rated for 50,000 hour ballast life.
- The Philips brand electronic ballast incorporates built in thermal protection.
- 120/208/240 volt models have an 8 foot power cord.
- Daisy chain 4 units together (11.3 amps)
- One year warranty on the lamp.
- Reflector Dimensions: 16L x 14W x 4H
A Whole New Type of Light
For decades traditional HPS and MH bulbs have been the standard for many growers but these days there are many new options available. Sun System has been developing Light Emitting Ceramic lights for years and they offer many unique benefits over both traditional lighting and newer technologies like LED and plasma. Because LECs run cooler, use fewer watts, and provide full spectrum light penetration, many growers have been blown away by the performance, cost savings and longevity of these new lights. They are great for small spaces like grow tents due to their low heat output, but also make great commercial fixtures with their long lamp life and reliable spectral maintenance.
True Full Spectrum Light
LEC or “CDM” lamps provide a wider spectral range including many more wavelengths in the UV and far red regions. This provides more PPFD than traditional HID lighting promoting vigorous plant growth. With the wide spectrum offered from the 3100K Phillips Lamp you can use one lamp for full-cycle growing. These lamps also make great supplemental fixtures for gardens with traditional HID lighting and will help to broaden the total spectrum increasing growth and flower quality in late-stage growth. Also available is a 4,200K bulb perfect for those using these lights in a veg room. The clean, white light is also easier to work under than the more purple light many LED’s produce, helping you identify nutrient or pest issues much faster!
Extra-Long Lasting Philips Lamps
Far outlasting MH and HPS bulbs, LEC’s extended lamp life will make your life easier with fewer lamp replacements each year. The unique characteristics of these lamps also increases the lumen and spectral maintenance meaning your light quality will remain optimal much longer than with traditional MH or HPS lamps. These lamps do require specific square-wave ballasts to work correctly, so Sun System made it easy by including them in the fixture itself. This makes garden layout easier and ensures your lamps will continue to provide powerful full-spectrum light for its entire rated life. A remote-ballast model is also available.
Cooler and More Energy Efficient
These lights are cool! Ceramic Discharge Metal Halides lamps produce intense light at about half the watts of traditional MH or HPS bulbs. This allows you to cover the same grow space with an equivalent amount of light while cutting wattage use in half! Since these bulbs run cooler, there is no need for additional fixture ventilation, reducing hassle, energy use and noise. LEC or CMH lamps are equivalent to HID lights of twice the wattage. Save on your energy bills by reducing the total wattage needed to grow! These lights will easily pay for themselves with energy savings in no time.
Multiple Models Available
Sun System has developed five models of fixtures, each available with either the 3,100K or 4,200K lamps giving you tons of options to optimize your garden lighting. Shop All Sun System LECs Here or learn more about each model below:
- 315 Watt - These models are great for smaller tents and grow spaces. Each light will adequately cover a 3' x 3' footprint and you can combine multiple lights to cover larger grow areas.
- 630 Watt - These larger fixtures are great for covering larger tents and grow spaces up to 4' x 4'. They also enable the combination of the two bulb spectrums available (3,100K and 4,200K) to provide a broader spectrum. Combine multiple models to cover larger spaces easily.
- 315 Watt Commercial - The unique reflector design of these units make them great for larger commercial-style grow spaces with higher ceilings enabling the lights to be placed higher above the canopy.
- 315 Watt Remote - These lights enable growers to place the ballast in a remote location, enabling different wiring hookup options. The reflector shape and design is identical to the standard 315 models.
- The Grow Beast - For those growers wanting the biggest and the best, the grow beast provides a great combination of LEC and DE light and packs it all into an easy to manage single housing. Great for coverage of 4' x 8'!
Want to learn more about Sun System LECs and their benefits over traditional HPS or MH lamps? Click here to learn more!
Proudly Made & Assembled In The USA!
US patents pending: US Patent 315,630. US Patent Pending 29/576,115.
Customer Reviews 3 item(s)
- Will be buying more
- Using this light in Veg. It is right next to a 400 watt metal halide and the plants under this light are considerably bigger. Same strain, same food so it's definitely the light. I'll be replacing all my mh fixtures with these.
- We shall see.
- Great price on the light, shipped fast. Arrived with a bad ballast. I contacted them for a return and it took about a week for them to get back to me. I ordered the light right when I needed it. So, ya, it’s not going in on this run so I have no idea how well it grows plants. It took another week after I sent them the light and I asked for a replacement not my money back. However I didn’t get a replacement I got a repaired light. They said it had a bad ballast. So, a month later I have a refurbished light I paid full price for. Wish I woulda just paid the extra few bux and supported my local hydro store.
- Good lights great price
- Tech Specs