- Exact Watts
5.50 AMPS @ 120v / 2.75 AMPS @ 240v
- Optimized For DE Bulbs
The Solis Tek 600/400W (SE/DE) Digital Ballast, 120/240V (208V Compatible) will operate any single or double ended lamp at its optimal efficiency. Solis Tek offers matched single & double ended lamps in both HPS and MH.
- 4 step dimming: 600W SolisBoost - 600W - 400W SolisBoost - 400W
- Metal Halide (MH) & High Pressure Sodium (HPS) Lamps
- 2 power cords included
- Soft Start Technology
- Powers 600w & 400w lamps.
- Constant Power Factor 99.9%
- 5.50 AMPS @ 120v / 2.75 AMPS @ 240v
- CE, ETL Listed
- 3 Year Warranty
The only ballast(s) that will ignite your lamps sequentially, one at a time, with soft start technology for true efficiency. This revolutionary safety feature prevents surges and spikes in your electrical circuit and prevents breakers from overloading. Whether you are powering up 10 or 100 units of Solis-Tek Ballasts, the electrical draw is controlled by our internal software for maximizing your electrical efficiency. This is especially important for automated systems to protect against inconsistency in lighting schedules.
Pre-ignition self-diagnostic checks. SolisTek SenseSmart which will check for 8 different factors before attempting to power the lamp; this is intended for increased user safety. SenseSmart checks for:
- Open Output
- High/low Temps
- Ignition Failure
- End of Lamp Life
- Overflow Current
- Over/low Voltage
- Short Circuit
SolisTek digital ballasts complete a closed circuit between the lamp and power source. If any sort of break or inconsistency has been detected, it will not strike the lamp. The ballast will detect if the lamp is too hot to ignite, lamp compatibility issues, if there is no lamp plugged in, or if a lamp is defective or about to fail as it will detect that it is not receiving enough of a signal coming back. It can even detect if there's a short on your wiring, reflector, lighting controller, or a defective breaker on an electrical panel.
This is all apart of their exclusive SenseSmart safety mechanism that we introduced to this industry in 2010. If it detects any sort of anomalies or disturbances it will turn off the lamp and attempt to re-strike every 90 seconds until it deems that it is safe to ignite. 99% of the time an error code is displayed (Matrix) or if the green led (standard unit) stays on without the lamp igniting it is pointing to something on the users end to troubleshoot. In the rare instance that a component goes out the ballast will disable itself to prevent anything further from happening.
Industry's lowest output Total Harmonic Distortion (THD%)
The introduction of the electronic ballast has created significant changes for the commercial food production industry. Solid-state electronics don’t behave anything like the traditional magnetic core and coil ballasts. Voltage requirements, starting sequences and high frequency have all changed as well. Advancements in HID electronic ballast power supplies have caused new distortions in these lighting systems that weren’t present before. These distortions, while invisible to human eyes, contribute to mechanical problems such as premature lamp failure and excessive stress on electronic components. There are a wide variety of considerations to take into account when converting to the new HID digital electronics. Proper lamp and ballast combinations are essential for successful integration of these technologies. A lack of understanding these THD considerations will cost time, money and energy at the expense of the crops. Failing systems are frustrating, costly and inefficient. Take all the necessary time and precautions to buy compatible digital lamps and ballasts, with a low THD, to gain the maximum benefits.
Ignition Control, SenseSmart & Soft-Start technology are standard in all SolisTek Digital Ballasts.
- Exact Watts
- Tech Specs
Brand Solis Tek SKU STK600 Weight (lb.) 14 Length (in.) 14 Width (in.) 6 Height (in.) 4 Warranty 3 Year Lead Time Ships In 1-2 Days UPC 100071427673 Prop 65 No UL Listed No Ballast Type Digital Ballast Optimized For DE Bulbs Yes Dimmable Function Yes Exact Watts 600 Watts Amps 5.50 AMPS @ 120v / 2.75 AMPS @ 240v Frequency 50/60Hz Voltage 120/240 Volt Power Cord(s) Included 2 power cords included
Solis Tek 600 Watt SE/DE Digital Ballast, 120/240 Volt Videos►
Customer Reviews 7 item(s)
- Unreliable. Trips circuit breaker repeatedly.
- Only used for 1.5 grows before dying. Needs to be more reliable. It trips the circuit breakers repeatedly at my house. My 1000 Phantom does not. I’m lucky I had the Phantom on hand to replace it since it died mid-grow.
- Happy Customer
- Great product. Honorable company. Thanks!
- Excellent product
- Works like a champ. Very satisfied with my purchase.
- Love this product
- This is the best I've ever used. I've always used 400 watt but in the back of my mind I kind of think about going to 600 watt.
With this I simply change the bulb! Quit, cool and efficient.
- Great ballast, quiet and cool running compared to a magnetic ballast and a lot smaller.
- This is a great ballast and I highly recommend it with the solis tek bulbs, I'm getting great results using the 600 at 240 volts, only 2.5 amps...compare to a 400 on 120 volts uses 4 amps, runs much quieter than my magnetic ballast and a lot cooler. I can see the results are bigger and better and that is what I want.
- 5/11/15---this ballast works like a charm,no problems at all..Tip Top shhape with no heat.Will def. Buy another.Used both settings SB400/400-SB600/600-Also for giggle I tested just the 400w to SB400watt..I saw the difference between 'em. And my power flickered a bunch of times,ballast ran perfect.. Awesome love it can't say enough. Thanks for a great product.
- digital ballast
- Been using for about 4 months and i am more than satisfied with this product.Runs cool,well like 70 degrees....great for me..my alarm clock makes more noise than this ballast..amazing.Very well put together..
Thank you solis tek and hydrobuilder for a great,dependable product.