The Solar System 550 is now available with the Solar Series supplemental UVB upgrade! When used during the last few weeks of the flowering phase, you will see increased resin output, higher potency, and better aroma's and flavor of your end product!
The all-new California Lightworks SolarSystem 550 is a game changer with its new advanced programmable spectrum control that matches the sun in any growing conditions for better, healthier growth, lower energy usage and higher yields. High power bloom lights designed by growers for growers give results where it counts - plant quality and yield. The new California Lightworks SolarSysytem 550 offers the most reliable lighting solution with local design, research and development, manufacturing, light application design and service all under one roof.
- California Lightworks SolarSystem 550 LED Grow Light (choose from UVB or non-UVB models)
- 120V Power cord
- Communications Cable
SolarSystem 550 Features:
- Programmable spectrum control
- Wireless or hard wired networking
- Smart lighting maximizes efficiency
- High intensity PAR output
- Fastest return on investment
- Waterproof (65 IP Rating for Damp & Wet Locations)
- Local technical support
- 5 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
- 90 Day No Questions Return Policy
Optional Supplemental SolarSystem UVB Upgrade
The SolarSystem UVB features the latest generation high output UVB T8 fluorescent bulb. This system is perfect for a single light in a tent or several hundred lights in a large commercial operation. Learn more about this UVB light here.
- Supplemental UVB- 25 watts-T8 Fluorescent
- Improves resin development and potency
- Used during the last few weeks of flowering
- Piggy back design offers up to 10 unit installation from a single outlet
Warning: * Exposure to UVB light can damage skin or eyes. Turn off before entering the room - for use on plants only.
Caution: * Risk of electrical shock. Use in dry locations. Not to be used on a dimmer circuit. Use only SolarSystem T5 UVB Bulb.
Programmable Spectrum Control
- With the SolarSystem Controller, you can automatically adjust each of the three separate light spectrum channels from 0% to 99%. This can be done manually or automatically using the built in timer and calendar.
- Channel 1 - Red & Deep Red
- Channel 2 - Natural White View Mode
- Channel 3 - Blue and Deep Blue
- A single controller can control a virtually unlimited number of fixtures from a single point or can be separated into zones at minimal cost.
- Automated programs for sunrise and sunset that mimic nature as well as programs for spring, summer and fall for more natural accruing patterns that improve growth.
- Variable Dark Period and finishing routines to maximize resin output.
High Efficiency and Low Maintenance
- The SolarSystem 550 will produce the same yield as an HPS or MH light with an average of 40% less energy usage. Using the advanced spectrum control system will further increase efficiency and yield compared to old fashion fixed spectrum lighting.
- The SolarSystem controller can be linked to a light sensor in a greenhouse to maximize wasted energy.
- CLW LED's are plug and play and very light weight so installation is streamlined. Add that to the advantage of never changing a bulb and you have the industry’s most efficient lighting system.
Highest Yields. Guaranteed.
- Top of the Line Osram LED's are driven to their maximum power rating using the exclusive active heat management system from California Lightworks. Higher power equals higher yields.
- Using the adjustable spectrum control to maximize blues and deep blues during the vegetative stage produces lush growth, shorter spacing between nodes and less stretching.
- Maximizing red and deep reds in bloom to increase yield and resin output.
Best Value. Highest Return On Investment.
- The Solar System 550 features advanced design and manufacturing that produces a high powered LED fixture at a very reasonable cost.
- Lower purchase cost, reduced energy usage and the elimination of replacement bulbs matched with higher yields means the best return on investment in the industry.
- Smart controls for optimal energy usage.
Highest Reliability. Best Support
- All California Lightworks LED's are produced entirely in their factory in Southern California.
- CLW has over 7 years of experience in designing and producing the most reliable LED's of any brand.
- All fixtures are tested with a burn in period before shipping and offer a 24-hour service.
- Modular design makes for easy repair even after years of use.
SolarSystem 550 Product Specifications
Input Voltage 90-277V Max Current 3.3A @ 120V, 1.65A @ 240V Operating Frequency 50Hz - 60Hz Power Consumption 400 Watts Total PPF Output* (uMoles/s) 642 Efficiency* (uMoles/s/W) 1.61 Veg Footprint 6 ft x 8 ft Flower Footprint 3 ft x 4 ft Life Expectancy 50,000 Hours (LEDs and Fans) Weight 13 lbs Dimensions 18" x 8.5" x 4" Operating Temperature 0°F to 107°F Warranty 5 Years Power Factor > 0.95
Basic Spectrum Mixes for the SolarSystem 550
The following table are basic spectrum mixes for various growth stages for flowering plants. These spectrum mixes have been determined from 8 years of experience with the California Lightworks grower network, and are supported by various university studies on varying spectrum effects on Plant Morphology.
In general, blue light is essential in vegetative growth and produces lush growth and bushy plants. Red tends to make plants stretch in vegetative growth but is key for high yields in fruit or flowering plants. The SolarSystem 550 allows you to dial in exactly the spectrum mix needed for any phase of growth.
Growth Stage Week Number RED WHITE BLUE Vegetative Varies* 49 99 99 Pre-Flowering 1 to 2* 74 99 99 Flowering 3 to 5* 99 99 99 Ripen 7 to 8* 80 90 99
*Weeks based on an 8-week flower cycle
- Tech Specs