- Coverage Area
Veg: 7' x 7'; Flower: 5' x 5'
- Exact Watts
- LED Light Spectrum
- Est. Electricity Cost /mo
The All New Gavita Pro 1700e
Introducing the all-new Gavita Pro 1700, now with an IP66 wet rating!
The Gavita Pro 1700e LED Gen 2 Grow Light is everything you'd expect from a Gavita LED. Until now, cutting energy costs and delivering maximum light output have been opposing priorities for growers. This fixture solves that. Meet the Gavita 1700e. Developed by the leaders in horticultural lighting, this LED is powerful enough to deliver the same high performance growers rely on, while reducing energy and lifetime ownership costs.
Features and Benefits
- 8 passively cooled bars eliminate moving parts and provide full-spectrum, broad-coverage light for full-term growth
- High-output 1700 µmol s-1 PAR and an impressive efficacy of 2.6 µmol s-1 per watt
- Dimmable to 50% when using the Gavita Master Controller and E-Series Adapter
- FCC compliant, UL1598 and IP66 wet-rated for use in wet environments, allowing for versatile placement in growing spaces with low ceilings, vertical racks, benches or even in tents
- Reliably sourced components including Philips Drivers, Samsung white LEDs and Osram deep-red LEDs make the 1700e built to last
- Sun Grip light hangers included for quick, easy installation
- Wattage Draw: 646 watts (120V), 629 watts (208-240V), 629 watts (277V)
- HPS equivalent: 1000 watts
- Spectrum: Full-spectrum white with enhanced red for seed to flower growth
- PPF (light output): 1700 umol/s
- PAR Efficacy: 2.6 umol/J
- Coverage area: Flowering footprint: 4'x4' to 5'x5' (16 to 25 sq ft), Vegetative footprint: 6'x6' to 7'x7' (36 to 49 sq ft)
- imensions: 44.1 in x 43.7 in x 2.3 in.
- Product weight: 28.4 lbs (12.9 kg)
- Temperature Ambient: 68 ~ 86° F / 20 ~ 30° C for optimal functioning
- Operating/input voltage: 5.4 A (120V), 2.6 A (208-240V), 2.3 A (277V)
- Additional details: ETL certified; Can be connected to a Master controller with optional Gavita E-Series Adaptor
- Product includes: Light fixture [unless selected with options (i.e. cord, controller)]
- Recommended for: Commercial grows, Greenhouses, Home grows (rooms and tents), Soil, hydroponic, aeroponic, or aquaponic systems, Indoor farming or gardening
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 5 years (see product specs for details)
Reliably sourced components including Philips AdvanceDrivers, Samsung white LEDs and Osram deep-red LEDs create improved performance. The Gavita 1700e gently drives LEDs to optimize fixture life and improve spectral output. The 8 passively cooled bars provide full-spectrum, broad-coverage light for full-term growth.
Our combination of white and red LEDs result in a relatively high ratio of blue light. Blue light keeps your crop compact in the vegetative stage and adds to an optimal morphogenesis and light interception by the plant. It maintains the photosynthetic system of the plant to optimize its photosynthetic potential and can shorten your flowering period. Blue light also triggers stomatal opening during the light period.
The 8-bar configuration allows you to mount this light source in low rooms, on vertical racks, over rolling benches or even in tents. For maximum uniformity, hang the fixture 24-36 inches from the crop.
The spread of red LEDs in the array guarantees a uniformly mixed spectrum on your crop at short distance. A full spectrum increases the quality of your crop.
IP66 wet rated and UL8800 compliant for use in wet environments which allows versatile placement in growing spaces. Its IP66 wet rating provides complete protection from dust, oil and water, allowing you to mount this light source in low rooms, on vertical racks, over rolling benches or even in tents.
Output and efficiency
Operating at 645 watts with an output of 1700 µmol s-1, this fixture achieves an impressive efficacy of 2.6 µmol s-1 per watt. Eight passively cooled LED bars provide intense light coverage with no fans or moving parts—significantly reducing the number of possible fail points compared to other fixtures. With 1700e μmol s-1 total output, the Gavita Pro 1700e LED is a flowering fixture. It can achieve a high average ppfd of 1000 μmol s-1 m-2 on your crop. For mixed vegetative / flowering environments and to tune the amount of light to the cultivars you grow, the Gavita Pro 1700e LED can be dimmed to 50% without any loss of efficiency. The high fixture efficiency of 2.6 μmol s-1 per Watt enables you to finally leap ahead in reducing your HVAC capacity by about 30-40% compared to regular open HPS/MH solutions. The high efficiency and low powered LED configuration with 8 LED bars reduces the temperature of the LEDs – increasing the output and improving their light maintenance.
With the same performance that makes Gavita the world’s leading horticultural lighting brand comes a new LED light fixture designed to deliver more usable energy to your plants while consuming less power. The Gavita Pro 1700e LED is a full-term light fixture that provides consistent, energy-efficient results.
The Gavita Pro 1700e LED is dimmable and distributes broad, full-spectrum light anywhere from 50% to 100% while maintaining efficiency. Dim using the Gavita E-Series LED Adapter and Gavita EL Master Controller to create ideal lighting levels as needs change from veg to bloom for various crops throughout their growth cycles. The Gavita E-Series LED Adapter – 120-277 V (sold separately) is required for each fixture when using the controller; non-controlled fixtures simply operate at 100%. You can connect up to 500 – 1,000 LED fixtures, depending on the controller, using a setup with daisy-chained splitters.
- The 120V and 240V cords include a plug. The 277V contains an open end cable (open wire leads).
- The E-Series adapter is only needed if you are connecting the LED fixture(s) to a controller. Otherwise, only a power cord is needed to operate the fixture.
- Coverage Area
- Tech Specs
Brand Gavita SKU HGC906056 Weight (lb.) 36 Prop 65 No Length (in.) 48 Width (in.) 48 Height (in.) 4 Warranty 5 Year Lead Time Ships in 7 Days UPC 849969033397 UL Listed No Lighting Type LED LED Light Spectrum Full Spectrum LED Fixture Type Panel Est. Electricity Cost /mo $27.91 Exact Watts 646 Watts HID Equivalent 1000 Watt Coverage Area Veg: 7' x 7'; Flower: 5' x 5' LED Diode Type Samsung White LEDs & Osram Deep-Red LEDs PAR Efficiency 2.6 umol/J Total PPF Output 1700 umol/s Power Factor >99% Daisy Chain Up To 100 Fixtures Voltage 120/208/240/277 Volt Amps 5.4A @ 120V; 2.6A @ 240V; 2.3A @ 277V Frequency 50/60Hz
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- Even Better Than The 1650e
- I was wondering why the 1650e was already being discontinued, well its because they had an even better performing LED being tested and manufactured. This LED has blown my mind. I love it! My plant love it! I'm excited to expand my space so i can outfit it with more! I'm glad Gavita took their time coming out with a solid LED instead of just bringing one out years ago because all other top manufacturers were.