The World’s favorite conductivity meter. Simply brilliant, brilliantly simple!
It is essential when growing with a hydroponic solution to KNOW what the strength of the solution is before feeding your plants AND while they are growing. If the conductivity reading is too low, your plants may not be getting enough nutrients. If the conductivity reading is too high, plants can dehydrate.
Understanding the conductivity of the nutrient solution takes the guesswork out of feeding plants. It will also save you money! Using the Bluelab Truncheon Nutrient Meter is the fastest and easiest way to measure the conductivity!
To take a reading of your solution - simply place the probe head into the solution and the reading is indicated by the flashing lights. Calibration of the Truncheon Nutrient Meter is not required.
The Bluelab French-English Truncheon Nutrient Meter is available with Canadian-French / English labels and instructions.
- Fully waterproof
- Auto on/off function
- No calibration required
- Daylight readable blue LED's
- Battery operated - 3 x AA batteries included
- No buttons, switches or knob
- Provided with EC, CF, ppm 700 and ppm 500 scales
- Meter length: 40.7cm or 16 1/32 in.
- 5 year guarantee for Bluelab Truncheon Nutrient Meter
- Tech Specs
Brand Bluelab SKU HGC716050 Weight (lb.) 0.6 Height (in.) 16.3 Prop 65 No Lead Time Ships in 24-48 Hours Length (in.) 1 Width (in.) 1 Warranty 5 Year UPC 9421024920005 UL Listed No
- Product Q&A
Bluelab Original Truncheon Meter Questions & Answers
My Truncheon Meter measures lower than expected! Why?
Make sure the Truncheon Meter probe tip is clean. The use of a non scented liquid scourer is used as the cleaning medium to clean the probe face. Please follow the cleaning procedure as laid down in your instruction manual. Further instructions can be found on the website link below. Never touch the probe face after cleaning as this will cause probe contamination and lower the readings.
Allow time for the Truncheon Meter to adjust to the temperature of the standard conductivity solution being measured. If the Truncheon Meter is warmer than the conductivity solution, it will measure lower than expected. Allow up to approximately 10 minutes for temperature equalisation to take place.
Always use a conductivity solution that is fresh and of known quality. Bluelab 27.7 EC Conductivity Standard Solution is ideal. Always replace the cap on the conductivity solution straight after use. Dispose of any conductivity solution 2 months after first opening.
Why do I need to measure conductivity?
You must know the strength of your nutrient solution. If it is too weak, your plants will miss out on the vital elements they need to grow. Too strong and you run the risk of root burn, especially as evaporation occurs within your growing environment.
The nutrient solution needs to be measured regularly so you know when to add more concentrated solution or when to add fresh water. Without an instrument to measure it, you are only guessing and run the risk of a failed crop.
My nutrient readings are inaccurate - why?
- The probe could be contaminated
- The temperature of the solution could be very different to the temperature of the probe
- Clean the conductivity probe as described in the related article
- Wait 5 - 10 minutes for the reading to stabilize
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- Still top dog
- I had one of these on my fathers farm in the 90's and worked great. It cool to see it still around, im getting my garden set-up and want something I know will work. Get one of these if you want a product that is easy to use and going to last.