Fox Farm Product Documents
Improve Aeration & Drainage With Fox Farm Big & Chunky Perlite
Whether you are growing in soil, coco, or some type of mix, you can improve conditions for your roots by adding Fox Farm Big & Chunky Perlite. This premium perlite will allow for extra oxygen in the grow media, allowing your plants to breathe better. It also improves the drainage of your media, preventing issues with over watering or feeding and allowing to feed more frequently!
Fox Farm Big & Chunky Perlite Features
The Fox Farm Big & Chunky Perlite is larger than the competition, allowing for better anchorage of your plants roots to the perlite. This larger surface area makes it easier to hold onto moisture and nutrients too. It's completely sterile, inert, and pH balanced, so it will not transfer any EC or pH to your existing nutrient regimen.
Many hydroponic growers use Fox Farm Big & Chunky Perlite as a standalone grow media, and traditional growers love mixing it with Fox Farm's Light Warrior Agro-Ponic Grow Medium. It provides the added benefits of mycorrhizal, which is an essential bacteria for your root development.
How To Use Fox Farm Big & Chunky Perlite
- Cover drain holes with small rocks or shards of broken pottery.
- Spread Big & Chunky® Perlite in a 1-inch (2.5 cm) layer along the bottom of the pot.
- Mix one part Big & Chunky® Perlite with four parts potting soil.
- Fill container with mixture to 1 inch (2.5 cm) from top edge.
- Water thoroughly and allow mixture to settle before planting.
- Fill container with Big & Chunky®.
- Position plant at the proper height so that the root system is fully supported.
SEED GERMINATION AND CLONING:
- Mix one part Big & Chunky® Perlite with two parts Light Warrior®.
Available Sizes: 4 cubit foot.
- Tech Specs
Brand Fox Farm SKU FX14044-PLT Weight (lb.) 585 Prop 65 No Length (in.) 48 Width (in.) 40 Height (in.) 92 Lead Time This product ships in 2 Business Days Shipping Restrictions SD Grow Media Perlite OMRI Certified No