Cultilene rockwool seed starter trays provide a high-quality stonewool medium for propagation and seed starting.
This perfectly blended Rockwool makes the ideal environment for roots to develop. The tiny fibres and air pockets hold water without water logging and encourage exception plant and root growth. At full saturation, Cultilene holds approx 80% of its volume in water, leaving 20% of tiny air pockets. This helps your seedlings to maintain proper oxygen, water content, PH, and temperature.
Each tray comes with 77 individual rockwool plugs and the plastic tray. Cutouts in the bottom of each cell allow wick saturation and provide proper drainage for top watering. Individual cubes measure 35 x 35 x 40 mm (1.37 Inches x 1.37 Inches x 1.57 Inches), and each cube features a pre-punched hole for inserting seeds.
|Lead Time||This product ships in 1-2 Business Days|
|Seedling Tray Parts||Starter Kits|
|Starter Plug Size||1.25" x 1.25"|
|Starter Plug Shape||Square|
Q: What is the best time of day to water?
A: This depends on the season. In Northern Europe and comparable climates it is best to water before midday. If needed, water between 12 am and 3 pm. In hotter climates it will be necessary to adjust your strategy of watering. The objective is always that the plant uses the water on the same day of watering. Watering too close to sunset can cause the plant to stretch.
Q: Should I water overhead or from below?
A: After the initial saturation it is best to water from below with an ebb and flood system. This is because it is possible to give a higher EC which does not get onto the leaves. Overhead watering or misting can also be used to maintain humidity.
Q: Is the pH important?
A: Yes it is. The main goal is to stay in a safe range. If you go too low, you will face problems in growth and risk damaging the roots. When you go too high some nutrients will be harder to take up by the plant. Keep the pH above 5.2
Q: Why should you make drainage slits in the substrate slab in the beginning of the crop?
A: The positioning of the drainage slits in combination with the right irrigation dose size influences directly the distribution of water and EC in the slab to produce the minimum variation of water content and EC laterally and vertically in the slab. This is a job that has to be done only once but will influence the slab for the rest of the season, so it is very important that it is done correctly.
Additional drainage slits should never be made in the slab at a later date as they will change the drainage pattern in the slab which may be detrimental to the roots in some areas of the slab.
Q: My slab is dry how can I re-wet it?
A: Mistakes happen and sometimes the slab can dry out with insufficient water especially the top of the slab.
To re-wet the slab it is best to use small and frequent waterings. This will help keep the water you apply in the slab and at the top. Large dose will push the water to the bottom of the slab and quicker to the drain point.
So it is important to use a dose size factor of 20 or lower if possible within the limitations of your system.
It is also important that you apply more water than the plant is using, so watering at night or before plant activity in the morning is a good time for this but take care of the Delta EC to avoid problems with fruit splitting (tomatoes) etc.
Q: I have a spare dripper is it OK to put it in the slab?
A: The spacing of the dippers has a big effect on the even distribution of water and nutrients in the slab. The flow of this water is spread evenly by the stone wool to refresh the nutrient solution around the roots. This is what we call the Cone. The Cone starts in the cube and spreads down and sideways.
Sign-up and save! Get exclusive discounts & the latest product releases.
Expert Advice Toll-Free
© 2011-2022 Hydrobuilder.com - 312 Otterson Dr STE D , Chico, CA 95928 USA
All trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective trademark holders.