- Coverage Area
Veg: 5' x 5'; Flower: 2' x 2'
- Exact Watts
- LED Light Spectrum
- Est. Electricity Cost /mo
California Lightworks Product Documents
The Best Just Got Better! California LightWorks is Proud to Introduce Their Next Generation of LED Grow Lights!
- Key Improvements to the NEW California LightWorks SolarStorm:
- NEW Super High Flux 5W LED Diodes
- MORE LEDs per unit
- NEW High Efficiency Universal Voltage Drivers
- Features of the NEW Super High Flux 5W LEDs:
- Latest high efficiency diodes
- High quality ceramic substrates
- Jewel quality glass primary optics
- Results in 10-15% more light while using the same amount of power
- NEW High Efficiency Drivers:
- Brand NEW proprietary design provides a constant current driver
- Now over 90% efficiency
- Little or no increase in total power
- Power usage by additional LED count is neutralized by higher efficiency
- Universal Voltage: 90-277VAC
- High quality, in-house manufacturing
The Result? 25% more PAR light output with no increase in power usage.
Your Plants & Your Wallet Will Love the NEW SolarStorm!
California LightWorks: High Potency LED Grow Light Technology Light Emitting Diode (LED) technology is the wave of the future. It is rapidly replacing traditional lighting in every application from street lights to warehouse lights to automotive lights. LED based grow lights can significantly outperform HID and fluorescent lights in indoor horticulture. Working with hundreds of growers across the country, California LightWorks designs and manufactures products in the USA that work! The maximum intensity 5W diodes combined with OptiGrow technology target the parts of the light spectrum where absorption by plants is highest, at high levels of intensity. The result is superior quality, higher potency yield and lower power consumption.
- SolarStorm 220W:
- 220W Grow Light: 44 x 5W LEDs
- Three different models available with customized spectra for the various stages of the grow cycle:
SolarStorm 220W LED Grow Light, Spectral Blend: Full Cycle
SolarStorm 220W LED Grow Light, Spectral Blend: Veg Master
SolarStorm 220W LED Grow Light, Spectral Blend: Bloom Booster
- High efficiency built-in power supplies so there is no need for external drivers or ballasts.
- Uniform 90 Degree Primary Lenses
- OptiGrow Spectrum
- Clever chainable design allows up to 10 SolarStorm panels to use a single power outlet and timer.
- SolarStorm 220W Full Cycle Features:
- Designed to be used through the entire grow cycle.
- Optimized for both Veg and Bloom
- Perfect for small scale full cycle grows.
- The spectrum is a balanced blend of red, deep red, blue, deep blue and warm white to allow complete plant development.
NOTE: The SolarStorm 220w is designed to cover up to a 2' x 2' area for bloom. To get a good spread, you want to position the light approximately 12" 18" above your canopy.
- 9" x 9" x 4" (LxWxH)
- Recommended Coverage Area:
Bloom: 2' x 2'
Veg: Up to 5' x 5'
- LED Expected Life Span: 80,000+ Hours
- Operating Temperature: -15 to 40 (C) or 5 to 104 (F)
- Operating Position: Light Facing Down
- Coverage Area
- Tech Specs
Brand California Lightworks SKU CLW-SF220-FC Weight (lb.) 9 Prop 65 No Length (in.) 9 Width (in.) 9 Height (in.) 4 Warranty 3 Year Lead Time Ships In 2-4 Days UPC 76625468433 UL Listed No Lighting Type LED LED Light Spectrum Full Spectrum LED Fixture Type Panel Est. Electricity Cost /mo $7.13 Exact Watts 165 Watts HID Equivalent 400 Watts Coverage Area Veg: 5' x 5'; Flower: 2' x 2' Suggested Hanging Height Veg: 3'-4' ; Bloom: 12"-18" LED Diode Type 44 x 5w OSRAM SSL Diodes PAR Efficiency Up to 1773umol @ 12" Power Factor > .99 Daisy Chain Yes, Up to 10 Fixtures Voltage 120/240 Volt Amps 1.40 @ 120V / 0.70 @ 240V Frequency 50-60 Hz Power Cord(s) Included 120 Volt Power Cord Length 6 ft.
California Lightworks SolarStorm 220W LED Grow Light, Spectral Blend: Full Cycle Videos►
- Product Q&A
California Lightworks SolarStorm 220W LED Grow Light, Spectral Blend: Full Cycle Questions & Answers
- HOW MANY WATTS ARE THE SOLARFLARE GROW LIGHTS? The SolarFlare grow light series feature 44 high quality, high power 5 watt LEDs for a total nominal power of 220 watts (44 x 5). However, in order to maintain the long life of our LED emitters (80,000+ hours) we don’t drive them to their absolute maximum 5W power. The actual power consumption of a SolarFlare unit is typically around 165 Watts which offers 50%+ power savings over a 400W HPS/MH unit.
- DO I NEED A BALLAST WITH SOLARSTORM OR SOLARFLARE? SolarStorm and SolarFlare LED grow lights are equipped with built-in power supplies and require no additional ballasts. The installation takes a couple of minutes; just hang, plug in and you’re done. SolarFlares even provide the additional daisy chaining benefit when using the piggy back cord further simplifying installation by allowing up to 8 SolarFlare units to use the same power outlet and timer.
- DO I NEED TO COOL SOLARSTORM OR SOLARFLARE WITH A FAN OR AIR CONDITIONING? In most setups SolarStorm and SolarFlare LED grow lights should require no additional cooling. In rare occasions, depending on room configuration and number of units running in a confined space, some venting may be needed to keep the grow room temperature within acceptable range.
- WHAT GROW SPACE WILL SOLARFLARE AND SOLARSTORM UNITS COVER RESPECTIVELY? The SolarFlare is designed to cover a 3X3 grow area, similar to a 400 watt HPS light. The SolarStorm covers up to a 5X5 space (4X4 is recommended for flowering) similar to a 1000 watt HPS light.
- HOW MANY WATTS IS THIS EQUAL TO VS OTHER TYPES OF LIGHTS? LEDs produce roughly four times as much plant usable light per watt as compared to traditional grow lights. Many LED suppliers argue that a 200 watt LED is equal to 800 watts of traditional grow light power. However, a more realistic rule-of-thumb ratio of 1:2.
- HOW DO I INSTALL? SolarStorm and SolarFlare LEDs require no special ducting, cooling or electric wiring. The can hang from secure ceiling hooks screwed into a stud. Just plug into a normal 120 volt outlet and start growing.
- WHO IS CALIFORNIA LIGHTWORKS? We are a US based manufacturing firm focused on research, design, development and manufacturing of advanced, energy efficient greenhouse lighting and automation equipment. The vision of our company is to apply the latest advances in high efficiency lighting and controls technology as well as effective manufacturing techniques to deliver highly differentiated products with clear benefits at competitive prices to the greenhouse and indoor horticulture markets. We are proud to be manufacturing in the United States and make a conscious effort to only work with US based vendors whenever possible.
Customer Reviews 5 item(s)
- LED light
- 3rd LED light I've purchased from Hydrobuilders
, not one hassle, quick delivery. You can't go wrong with either. Thanks H/B
- Great Quick Service
- Received my LED's quickly. Great lights. I'd definitely buy from them again.
- Good value for the money
- I used this light for a final flowering and it seemed to do very well. Started the plants with the vegmaster 110 and switched to the 220 full cycle to finish them since the vegmaster was shifted more into the blue spectrum,I also felt that I needed a bit more light to penetrate the canopy for the finishing stage. I love the fact that there is very little heat generated by this light which helps greatly since my grow area is very confined.
- Works as Advertised
- Primarily using this unit for flowering inside grow tent. Works as advertised with very good results. This product seems to have eliminated most of the problems I was experiencing with the hotter HPS light due to the small size of my grow tent. The girls are quite happy and so am I.
- very pleased with results
- The Solar Flare LED Grow Light full cycle lights have performed very well and all of my plants are very healthy so I am ordering a Solar Flare bloom booster light to compliment these two full cycle lights,