Hydrofarm's induction lights are similar to fluorescent lights in that they use gasses, which, once "excited," react inside the tubes to produce white light. Unlike fluorescent lamps, induction systems are rated at 100,000 hours. This is because fluorescent lamps must use electrodes to "excite" the gasses inside the tube, whereas induction lamps use the principle of induction - the transmission of energy by way of magnetic field.
• Long lumen maintenance - 90% output at 70,000 hours
• Energy efficient - consumes 50% of conventional lighting systems
• Long life - 100,000 hours
• High lumens / watt output
• Maintenance costs - go 10-20 years without a change out
• Lower heat output - reducing cooling costs
• High color rendering index - 85 CRI
• Color temperature 3,100K - perfect for plant growth
• Low starting ignition temperatures
• -40º F - good for colder applications
• Instant re-strike - no warm up needed
• "Instant-on" capability - can be used with photocell or motion sensor
• No flickering or glare
• Quiet operation
• Environmentally safe
• UL recognized
- Tech Specs
Brand Hydrofarm SKU IN3100KL Weight (lb.) 24.25 Prop 65 No Length (in.) 41.22 Width (in.) 6.3 Height (in.) 2.79 Warranty 2 Year UPC 638104012416 Lead Time Ships in 1-2 Days UL Listed No Lighting Type Induction Bulb Type Induction Tubes Color Temp (Kelvin) 3100 K Color Rendering Index (CRI) 85 Estimated Life Hours 100,000 Exact Watts 400 Watts
- Product Q&A
Hydrofarm Induction Bulb 400W, 3100K Questions & Answers
- What is induction lamp system and how does it work? Induction lamp system uses a revolutionary technology that combines basic principles of induction and gas discharge. Void of electrodes , this new technology delivers an unprecedented 100,000 hours of high quality white light.
- What are the advantages of induction lamps? An induction lamp has a life span of 100,000 hours , making it virtually maintenance free. It offers crisp white light with 80+ CRI and a choice of 3K, 4K, 5K and 6K color temperatures. The high CRI light makes colors look brighter, more vibrant and more attractive. It produces up to 80 lumens of light for each watt of energy. Th e 80 LPW efficacy makes it as energy efficient as high CRI metal halide systems. Induction lamps are highly reliable and can be switched on and off instantly with less heat output.
- Is the light output of an induction lamp affected by temperature fluctuation? With its amalgam filled technology and the heat - conducting rod in the center, induction lamps create stable light output over a wide range of ambient temperatures, maintaining at least 85% of nominal lumens from -30° F to 130° F (for an enclosed fixture with heat-sink). They can function at temperatures as low as -40° F.