Growstone GS-1 Hydro Stones is the perfect growing media for vegetables, herbs, fruit and flowering plants from lettuce and basil, to tomatoes, cucumbers, strawberries, gerbera daisies and orchids. It can be used in hydroponic systems as simple as manually irrigated containers, or as advanced as automatically drip irrigated containers, Ebb-Flow systems, and NFT tables.
An Engineered Substrate For Consistent Results
Growstones aggregates are engineered to provide an effective ratio between aeration and moisture to any hydroponic system. While other substrates maximize either air or moisture, Growstones are designed to allow for both moisture absorption and drainage.
Most important in any growing medium is the air in the medium after drainage. Plant roots require air (particularly oxygen) for growth process respiration.
Growstones aggregates make for an ideal hydroponic substrate due to its small and large pores. When the substrate is irrigated, water is held in the micro pores but quickly drains through the macro pores, allowing fresh air to flow through the substrate, which brings oxygen to the roots and removes carbon dioxide from the root zone.
Growstones Hydroponic Medium Give You:
- Highly effective balance between air and water content at field capacity, meaning high air-filled porosity coexist with high water holding capacity.
- Growstones hold 3 times more water and 12% more air than Hydroton.
- Easy control of root zone moisture content high steer-ability.
- Easy drainage and re-wetting after being completely dehydrated.
- Silica release in a form plants can uptake.
- Highly flexibility for different plant needs for consistent high yield.
- No weed seeds or disease spores.
- Reusability and lightweight.
- A sustainable and earth-friendly option.
Growstones are the ideal growing media for all your indoor and outdoor plants. Our highly porous aggregates are lightweight, clean, and provide more water-holding capacity and aeration to roots than any other substrate on the market. And the best part is they are made from 100% recycled glass, and made here in the USA!
How to Prepare Growstones Before Use:
Growstones have been improved with the addition of a pH buffer. Now it is simpler and faster to get started with Growstones in Hydroponics.
Below are simple recommendations for best results.
- For first time use, quickly rinse Growstones to eliminate any dust created during shipping.
- Poke small holes at the bottom of bag. Open the top of the bag and insert a garden hose. Drain.
- Place Growstone in your hydroponic system with pH-corrected nutrient solution.
- For best results adjust pH to 5.5 – 6.5.
- You are ready to Grow!
- Tech Specs
Brand Growstones SKU GPGS19L Weight (lb.) 4 Prop 65 No Length (in.) 13 Width (in.) 4 Height (in.) 20 Lead Time Ships in 1-2 Days UPC 894854002194 UL Listed No Grow Media Growstones OMRI Certified No