Buy now and receive a FREE quart of Veg A and Veg B nutrients by Cultured Solutions! The nutrient system designed by Current Culture to work with their Under Current Systems!
The Under Current is the worlds first re-circulating Water Culture Hydroponic System featuring our Patent Pending Sub-Current Culture™ Method. This innovative application circulates literally hundreds of gallons of solution per hour beneath plant roots.
The Under Current™ supercharges the solution with dissolved oxygen, creating a hyper aerobic condition. Constant, 24/7 nutrient circulation ensures that pH and EC are uniform throughout the entire system. An inline Danner Mag-Drive pump provides peripheral negative pressure by thrusting nutrients back to a return module (Epicenter). From this point the solution is drawn from module to subsequent module, evoking perpetual fluid motion.
- UCE12 Specs:
- Full System Volume (Gallons): 90
- Power Usage (Watts): 160
- Recirculation Turnover Rate Per Hour: 7.70
- Recommended Lighting: 2 x 1000W
- Recommended Reservoir (Gallons): 100
- 18" Plant Centers
- Benefits of using the Under Current ™ Evolution:
- Increased Nutrient Efficiency
- 50+ System Configurations
- Expandable Modular Design
- Designed to Accommodate Any H.I.D. Lighting Layout
- Hand Crafted in California
- Commercial Grade
- Low Power Consumption
- pH And EC/TDS Uniform Throughout Entire System
- Conserves Water
- Larger Yields with Fewer Plants
- Less Frequent Nutrient Change Outs
- Easily Adaptable To Dosers, Top-Off Reservoirs & Chillers
- Includes Professional Quality Air & Water Pumps
- The Under Current ™ Evolution Includes:
- 8 gallon "Blackout Series" growth modules
- 2" manifold
- 2” Uni Seals
- CCH2O 8" custom molded Lids with Port Hole
- CCH2O 8" custom molded Net Pots
- Danner Mag-Drive™ Return Pump
- Air Force Pro™ Air Pump
- 9” Air Diffuser Disc
- Medium Round Air Stones
- Air Distribution Manifold
- Air Hose
- In-Line Filter
- Adjustable Float Valve with Reservoir Adapter Kit
- Drain Valve
- Chiller Adapter
- Garden Hose Drain Adapter
- Cultured Solutions™ VEG A/B
- 1-Year Warranty
- Under Current is a deep water culture system with many available configurations.
Plant Centers measure from the center of one plant to the center of the next plant and each model includes 8" Net Pots.
- UC models have 18" Plant Centers and 8 gallon Growth Modules
- XL models have 25" Plant Centers and 8 gallon Growth Modules
- XL13 models have 30" Plant Centers and 13 gallon Growth Modules
- XXL13 models have 40" Plant Centers and 13 gallon Growth Modules Have questions? Please give us a call at 888-815-9763 and one of our knowledgeable tech specialists will be ready and able to answer them all!
|Lead Time||Ships in 3-5 days|
|System Type||Deep Water Culture|
Do I need a top off reservoir?
Using a reservoir is not mandatory with the Under Current but is recommended for medium and large systems as more plants will use up more water, more often. Using a top off reservoir will allow you to maintain consistent water levels and follow weekly feeding schedules without dumping valuable nutrient solution. When optimized, a top off reservoir can be used like a doser for incremental EC/ppm adjustments and pH steering.
Do I need a water chiller?
The Under Current system operates well anywhere from 65-75 degrees F. We recommend maintaining a temperature between 68-72 degrees F. This is a happy medium between the optimum dissolved oxygen capacity without getting too cold and slowing the plants metabolism. If your ambient room temperature is above 75 degrees, a chiller is recommended and one can be easily adapted to the return pump on your Under Current system.
How long until I need to do a nutrient change-out?
In the Under Current, change outs should be necessary no sooner then 21-28 days. Many variables influence this time frame, so adjust your system as necessary. You should change your nutes once they destabilize or become murky. If your pH and ppm's are pretty constant, that is a good sign your system is healthy and you are using high quality nutrients.
What strength nutrients?
Simple question, not so simple answer. Depending on environment, genetics, quality of the nutrient, etc. your responses nutritionally should vary. Generically speaking we recommend half strength of normal usage directions on the bottle. More importantly we recommend sticking to base nutrients only, especially if you're new to deep water culture (DWC). If your nutes are worth their salt (pun intended) you should be blown away by the results you get. Any top shelf base nutes will provide all your plants need to thrive.