The Galaxy brand name carries a strong reputation of reliability and performance. Galaxy state-of-the-art HID ballasts are manufactured to provide todays serious grower with maximum flexibility & performance. The Galaxy Select-A-Watt is the preferred electronic ballast on the market, offering the ability to run multiple wattage lamps or dim the highest wattage (defined by model).
- An incorporated, staggered, low current starting feature to avoid inrush problems when running multiple ballasts.
- Industry lowest RFI broadband emissions.
- ETL listed ballasts.
- Incredibly efficient & quiet.
- 3 year warranty.
- Will properly drive a 400, 600 or 1000 watt lamp to ANSI specifications.
- Set the switch to 400 watts, insert a 400 watt lamp into your socket and the ballast will operate the 400 watt lamp. The ballast will similarly operate 600 or 1000 watt lamps.
- To dim a 1000 watt lamp: adjust the switch to 400 or 600 watts and the ballast will dim the 1000 watt lamp by 40% or 60%.
- Lamps are only dimmable on wattages lower than the specified lamp wattage. A 1000 watt lamp can be dimmed down to 600 or 400 watt. A 600 watt lamp can be dimmed down to 400 watt, but cannot be over-driven to 1000 watts.
Galaxy Grow Amp ballasts come pre-wired with a Sun System lamp cord receptacle. They are compatible with all Sun System branded reflectors.
Please Note: The Galaxy includes a 120V power cord. If you wish to run this ballast on 240V, you must purchase the 240V power cord separately.