The SolarSystem 550 comes with some impressive features at an excellent value. It makes a great addition to California Lightworks' line of LED grow lights. When paired with the SolarSystem Controller, the options are out of this world!
Why we love this light
The SolarSystem 550 is packed with features such as:
- Programmable spectrum control
- Smart lighting for efficiency
- High intensity PAR output (620 μuMoles/s)
- Waterproof (65 IP rating for damp & wet conditions)
- 5 year manufacturer's warranty
- Modular design for ease of maintenance
- Auto-sensing 90 to 277 volt power source capable
- Made in America, right here in California!
When paired with the SolarSystem 550 Lighting Controller* from California Lightworks the options really get interesting:
- Automatic day/week/month customizable calendar programs
- Wireless or hardwired networking
- Control over an almost unlimited number of lights and zones
- Battery back up saves the program if power is lost.
- No proprietary cabling (simple phone cord will work)
- Customizable sunrise/sunset period
- Individual control over red/deep red channel, natural white (view mode) channel, and blue/deep blue channels for perfect spectrum delivery.
- Variable dark period and finishing routines to maximize resin output
- Options are available for PC, wireless, internet, and smart phone applications
The 550 only draws around 400 watts from the wall at full power making it a very efficient and economical light for both grow rooms and grow tents. That's a 40% power savings over traditional HPS lights. The 6' x 8' veg and 4' x 4' bloom footprint make it an excellent choice for standard grow trays and frames as well. Weighing in at just 13 pounds, this light is very easy to adjust and hang.
To truly get the most out of this like you really do need to pair it with the controller. The controller screen is also fragile. From the manufacturer:
"NOTE: The touch screen of the SolarSystem controller is made of a thin sheet of glass, and it is very fragile - a small crack or break will make the entire screen unusable. Don't drop or roughly handle the controller. When pressing the touch screen, you should be able to use the tips of our fingers. If you find the buttons to be too small for your finger, you can use rounded stylus. DO NOT press HARD on the screen. It will crack and this is NOT COVERED by the warranty."
So just like any other electronic device, be careful with it. Luckily the controller comes with a handy wall mount bracket to keep it from harms way.
All in all this LED grow light is an impressive value and would fit nicely in any grow space! It makes a nice addition to the already impressive California Lightworks line up of grow lights. They have a history of innovation and continue to produce their existing product lines. From the 110 and 220 watt SolarFlare up to the UVB enhanced 440 and 880 watt SolarStorm grow lights, California Lightworks newest SolarSystem LED light compliments this offering.
Questions? Call 888-815-9763 or email [email protected].